It'll cost 30% more, but do yourself and shop at those Organic Supermarkets

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
:youngsabo:

American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Keecha Harris, DrPH, says, "There is no evidence that organic foods are superior over traditional foods.

The USDA makes no claims that organic foods are safer, healthier, or more nutritious than conventional foods. There is also little research on the health outcomes of people who eat primarily organic diets.

And muthfaukka Wholes Foods, they are up there with Planet Fitness and Blimpies in terms of places I would nuke off earth.

:pacspit: @ charging $15 a lb for some plain ass salmon

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
i go to the Whole Foods one block away for some things, hit the East Liberty Farmer's Market another block away on mondays for greens, fresh salsa, and more and it is cheaper than going to the fancy Giant Eagle three blocks away :win: organic just means "add an extra dollar to the price".

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
last night i got some great tilapia and made me and my girl beer battered fish tacos :damn: Woooo

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
People need to make better choices, myself included:

If you research you can find what foods are hit with more pesticides than others.

Less ingredients are usually better

People complain about the price but don't realize if they were eating correct sized
portions the dollar would stretch further.

Going all in at Whole Foods isn't truly relaistic for most of the country and really isn't needed IMO.

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Keecha Harris, DrPH, says, "There is no evidence that organic foods are superior over traditional foods.

The USDA makes no claims that organic foods are safer, healthier, or more nutritious than conventional foods. There is also little research on the health outcomes of people who eat primarily organic diets.

And muthfaukka Wholes Foods, they are up there with Planet Fitness and Blimpies in terms of places I would nuke off earth.

I like how this post was ignored

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I wonder who paid the USDA to say this :mjpls:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet

The Government is pretty much in bed w/ Monsanto...nobody thats in the health world takes what they say too serious.
Of course organic food doesnt have an affect on diabetes...but why would you want to ingest chemicals? Thats just common sense.

Science hasnt 100% figured out everything about the body...I dont see a reason to be the guinea pig for large corporations.

Angel On The Rag

I'm bloody hungry!!
Daps
Reppin
Tampax Warehouse
The Government is pretty much in bed w/ Monsanto...nobody thats in the health world takes what they say too serious.
Of course organic food doesnt have an affect on diabetes...but why would you want to ingest chemicals? Thats just common sense.

Science hasnt 100% figured out everything about the body...I dont see a reason to be the guinea pig for large corporations.

organic food is STILL grown in pesticide plagued soil, it's just that pesticide isn't sprayed DIRECTLY upon the crop

food is still tainted breh, deal with it!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I do shop at whole foods and trader joes for SOME things. Mainly for stuff I can't find at marcs or aldi. But this "organic foods are better shyt" is a myth. In taste tests people always say organic foods "taste" better even if the foods they are eating aren't organic. I saw one test where they took a regular bannana cut it in half and told people one was organic and one wasn't. People always said the organic one tasted better. Also organic doesn't mean healthier, studies have shown the nutritional benefits are marginal at best. Growing organic isn't better for the environment, they still use pesticides, they are just "natural" as opposed to synthetic. These pesticides are outdated and more unsafe for you and the environment. The synthetic pesticides were created to prevent those risks in the first place. Organic farming is not a sustainable way to feed the world. If everybody switched to organic farming half the world would starve to death.

Please don't waste your money on organic just for the fact that the food is organic. Some things are worth it like the grass fed beef, or wild caught fish. But beyond that there really is no benefit to buying organic.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: i agree w the premise of the thread. but shopping smarter does not necessarily mean spending more. you just need to know where to purchase certain things (farmer's markets, gourmet markets, fish mongers, butchers) and which stuff doesn't matter if you buy at the local budget supermarket.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Organics started out as some grassroots type shyt, but the corporation have a hold of it now. Who knows what the fukk is organic and whats not. Companies are taking advantage of health conscious people with this organic stuff. Take all that shyt with a grain of salt and use your brain. Like organic bananas and oranges. None of the fruit is exposed, why would I buy them organically. If you going to the grocery store on a regular basis, you already won.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

organic food is STILL grown in pesticide plagued soil, it's just that pesticide isn't sprayed DIRECTLY upon the crop

food is still tainted breh, deal with it!

No it's not, if there's any pesticide in the soil or on the crop at all it isn't considered organic. I dunno what to tell you breh, it's not impossible for there to be organic crops with no pesticides on them.