It'll cost 30% more, but do yourself and shop at those Organic Supermarkets

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
:what: why?

The fruit is not exposed and the skin is thick doesn't matter what's on the outside the edible parts are still clean. And organic growers still use chemicals, they just use those that are deemed "natural" or "organic"

if u want to know why........then look it up yourself. Like i said, its dumb nikka logic.

And as far as organic growers using chemicals...........ya, cool story bro. Keep eating exactly how u are

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No it's not, if there's any pesticide in the soil or on the crop at all it isn't considered organic. I dunno what to tell you breh, it's not impossible for there to be organic crops with no pesticides on them.

:snoop: wrong

Pestcides in Organic Farming

ORGANIC PESTICIDES VERSUS SYNTHETIC PESTICIDES

Clearly, the less we impact our environment, the better off we all are. Organic farming practices have greatly advanced the use of non-chemical means to control pests, as mentioned earlier.
Unfortunately, these non-chemical methods do not always provide enough protection, and it's necessary to use chemical pesticides. How do organic pesticides compare with conventional pesticides?

A recent study compared the effectiveness of a rotenone-pyrethrin mixture versus a synthetic pesticide, imidan. Rotenone and pyrethrin are two common organic pesticides; imidan is considered a "soft" synthetic pesticide (i.e., designed to have a brief lifetime after application, and other traits that minimize unwanted effects). It was found that up to 7 applications of the rotenone- pyrethrin mixture were required to obtain the level of protection provided by 2 applications of imidan.

It seems unlikely that 7 applications of rotenone and pyrethrin are really better for the environment than 2 applications of imidan, especially when rotenone is extremely toxic to fish and other aquatic life.

It should be noted, however, that we don't know for certain which system is more harmful. This is because we do not look at organic pesticides the same way that we look at conventional pesticides. We don't know how long these organic pesticides persist in the environment, or the full extent of their effects.

When you look at lists of pesticides allowed in organic agriculture, you find warnings such as, "Use with caution. The toxicological effects of [organic pesticide X] are largely unknown," or "Its persistence in the soil is unknown." Again, researchers haven't bothered to study the effects of organic pesticides because it is assumed that "natural" chemicals are automatically safe.

WHY HAVEN'T WE HEARD THIS BEFORE?

For obvious reasons, organic farmers have done little, if anything, to dispel the myth that "organic = chemical/pesticide-free". They would only stand to lose business by making such a disclosure.
Pesticide manufacturers have little concern in the matter. To them, "synthetic pesticides sold" and "organic pesticides sold" are both "pesticides sold".

As for conventional farmers, they are not really in a position to be critical. It would not be in their interest to draw attention to chemical and pesticide use.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
if u want to know why........then look it up yourself. Like i said, its dumb nikka logic.

And as far as organic growers using chemicals...........ya, cool story bro. Keep eating exactly how u are

You go read, you are misinformed on the issue. Chemicals are used and they are not necessarily safer. The synthetic chemicals where made because the natural or organic pestisides and fertilizers are dangerous and don't work well.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I always get my meat (no gay), fish, fruits, veggies, and Deli stuff from Whole Foods. Everything else at Publix, including that poisonous, steroid-injected, beakless fried chicken
I go to Whole Foods for the eggs, ice cream:ohlawd: and fruit, nothing beats eating right, i was broke last year and had to fall back some, but i kept up the fruit and vegs when i could.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
dumb nikka logic

Really, well enlighten me then, non-dumb nikka. What would be the pupose of paying more for an organic banana, when that fruit has an outer shell to protect itself from shyt. Any amount of shyt that gets into that banana is minimal and non harmful. You a sucker nikka. You probably by organic toilet paper and drive a fukking Prius. You the type of nikka to spend $100 at whole foods and come out with 3 meals:pacspit:

Angel On The Rag

I'm bloody hungry!!
Daps
Reppin
Tampax Warehouse
No it's not, if there's any pesticide in the soil or on the crop at all it isn't considered organic. I dunno what to tell you breh, it's not impossible for there to be organic crops with no pesticides on them.

what i said was true

what you posted was false

dont speak on a subject you know nothing about son :childplease:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
i aint enlightening u on shyt. u got internet access look it up yourself

You starting to piss me off b. First you only got $75 Coli cash:huhldup:, then your Screen name is wild suspect:scusthov: and now you wanna come in this bytch making 0 sense without evidence to support your baseless claims. You acting like a real mark right now

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i aint enlightening u on shyt. u got internet access look it up yourself

You nikkas smooth ignored the article I posted. So I will just post it again.:whistle:

Pestcides in Organic Farming

ORGANIC PESTICIDES VERSUS SYNTHETIC PESTICIDES

Clearly, the less we impact our environment, the better off we all are. Organic farming practices have greatly advanced the use of non-chemical means to control pests, as mentioned earlier.
Unfortunately, these non-chemical methods do not always provide enough protection, and it's necessary to use chemical pesticides. How do organic pesticides compare with conventional pesticides?

A recent study compared the effectiveness of a rotenone-pyrethrin mixture versus a synthetic pesticide, imidan. Rotenone and pyrethrin are two common organic pesticides; imidan is considered a "soft" synthetic pesticide (i.e., designed to have a brief lifetime after application, and other traits that minimize unwanted effects). It was found that up to 7 applications of the rotenone- pyrethrin mixture were required to obtain the level of protection provided by 2 applications of imidan.

It seems unlikely that 7 applications of rotenone and pyrethrin are really better for the environment than 2 applications of imidan, especially when rotenone is extremely toxic to fish and other aquatic life.

It should be noted, however, that we don't know for certain which system is more harmful. This is because we do not look at organic pesticides the same way that we look at conventional pesticides. We don't know how long these organic pesticides persist in the environment, or the full extent of their effects.

When you look at lists of pesticides allowed in organic agriculture, you find warnings such as, "Use with caution. The toxicological effects of [organic pesticide X] are largely unknown," or "Its persistence in the soil is unknown." Again, researchers haven't bothered to study the effects of organic pesticides because it is assumed that "natural" chemicals are automatically safe.

WHY HAVEN'T WE HEARD THIS BEFORE?

For obvious reasons, organic farmers have done little, if anything, to dispel the myth that "organic = chemical/pesticide-free". They would only stand to lose business by making such a disclosure.
Pesticide manufacturers have little concern in the matter. To them, "synthetic pesticides sold" and "organic pesticides sold" are both "pesticides sold".

As for conventional farmers, they are not really in a position to be critical. It would not be in their interest to draw attention to chemical and pesticide use.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
I wonder who paid the USDA to say this :mjpls:

Right. Always be leery of reports like this. lol

"The American Council on Pork states those eating a plant based diet, free of red meat, are no less likely to suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer."

They want you to continue :eat::trash: So then you can get sick and then pay their friends at Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
You starting to piss me off b. First you only got $75 Coli cash:huhldup:, then your Screen name is wild suspect:scusthov: and now you wanna come in this bytch making 0 sense without evidence to support your baseless claims. You acting like a real mark right now

coli cash? :childplease: what??

ur a fukkin dweeb son........

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Right. Always be leery of reports like this. lol

"The American Council on Pork states those eating a plant based diet, free of red meat, are no less likely to suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer."

They want you to continue :eat::trash: So then you can get sick and then pay their friends at Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline.

I agree with you. We should pay attention to what we eat and everything "they" say isn't true. But going to whole foods isn't the answer. Organic farmers pay for lobbyists just like everyone else. The key is being informed and responsible when making purchases.