IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Recruiter came with the $55 an hour bag today but I couldn't take it cause i'm already a contractor in a different department of the subsidiary company :mjcry:

:patrice: must've been painful brehs.

You keep your shyt on LinkedIn? Is that where recruiters be hitting you up?

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
what's the fastest y'all ever bounce from somewhere? and did yall put that role on your resume?

3 months, short term contract. For some odd reason. My resume indicated I was still employed by said company :troll:

It's easier to get a new job when you "have" one.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
do Employers check FTE vs Contract status during background checks?

No, they just check dates - I have told all types of lies. Haven't been caught up yet. Just make sure you have proof of employment (w2 or pay stubs. Make sure you crop out your salary).

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No, they just check dates - I have told all types of lies. Haven't been caught up yet. Just make sure you have proof of employment (w2 or pay stubs. Make sure you crop out your salary).

Maybe it varies by state but a background check will show where I work so thats not an issue. My question was more so employment type.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Screen-Shot-2017-04-14-at-3.05.37-PM.png

:mjlit: CIPP/US is now my next certs goal...that's probably going to be my last certs.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I want that $55 brehs :mjcry:

I spending all day trying to find some loopholes in this shyt. Gonna re read my contract in the morning & then hit up my recruiter and see if they can do anything about a new contrac or something.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i've been applying for jobs and does anyone bounce from contract to contract? i met this indian guy who's a network engineer and he told me that's what he does and he's making way more than any FTE offer he has ever received. got me thinking

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
i've been applying for jobs and does anyone bounce from contract to contract? i met this indian guy who's a network engineer and he told me that's what he does and he's making way more than any FTE offer he has ever received. got me thinking
Me, I much prefer contract because of the higher rates. Most companies still allow you to opt in on benefits as well. Cut The Check

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Was trying not to make a move until January but got a call for a Cybersecurity Admin position :lupe:
Im trying to make a move into the Security lane. What job titles did you work as from the start of your Security career up until now? I see you getting the money and i want in :feedme: