IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
My Dice, Indeed and Linkedin is up to par but i probably put in 10 apps a day. Do you think I should relocate?
For one you need to be doing a lot more apps per day.

You're not necessarily in a bad area, its good. But being in a hot area is always best.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Should I wait until I have a job to relocate or should I move without a job
I waited until I had the offer in hand, mainly because I didn't have the money to do it on my own. But also, why move before you have to?

Silkk

Daps
So if I have 0 IT experience. What's the best way to model my resume or cover letters?
You need to get a job & get some experience whether it be call center tech support or whatever.

And you're probably gonna need to embellish on certain IT stuff you've done personally as well and use that for experience.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
You need to get a job & get some experience whether it be call center tech support or whatever.

And you're probably gonna need to embellish on certain IT stuff you've done personally as well and use that for experience.

Thanks brehs, I know I could've probably searched this shyt in there thread, but I wanted to make sure standards haven't changed or some shyt.

Hopefully the Sec+ can help my game.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Got about 2.5 years of HelpDesk/ Tech Support
Got about 1.5 years of Systems Admin/ Network Technician (current job)

Am gonna take the A+ (both) within a month , pretty sure imma pass
Then onto CCENT/Network +

But what jobs should I apply for? I work in a small town at a small company . If I relocate to Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, I can give a good pay increase... but with my experience , what title should i be shooting for???

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Got about 2.5 years of HelpDesk/ Tech Support
Got about 1.5 years of Systems Admin/ Network Technician (current job)

Am gonna take the A+ (both) within a month , pretty sure imma pass
Then onto CCENT/Network +

But what jobs should I apply for? I work in a small town at a small company . If I relocate to Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, I can give a good pay increase... but with my experience , what title should i be shooting for???
sys admin or jr network admin.

With your experience skip A+ and Net+. There aare a lot of fed contracting jobs in Tx. Especially at joint base san antonio. Get you Sec+ and shoot for your CCNA, ccent is passing the.first of two test. You get those two and you'll be a solid candidate for fed employment and getting a clearance

Silkk

Daps
Recruiter came with the $55 an hour bag today but I couldn't take it cause i'm already a contractor in a different department of the subsidiary company :mjcry: