IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
I feel you breh, I hated saying that shyt.

I take it youre studying A+ because that's as far they expect you to know the OSI model. All will be explained in either Net+ or CCENT

Yup I've read it over and over in the book and im tryna get it to stick in my brain i got the 7 layers down
Its so simple yet so confusing

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone please explain to me what the hell an OSI model is in coli terms :snoop:

I'm tired of the All People Seem To Need Data Processing shyt

I need it an Coli terms :mjgrin:

If you can’t learn and understand how data travels through the OSI model then you might not be cut out for a career in IT breh

:francis:

Study the professor messer books and decide your career path

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
I feel you breh, I hated saying that shyt.

I take it youre studying A+ because that's as far they expect you to know the OSI model. All will be explained in either Net+ or CCENT

OSI model is tested in Net+ and Sec+
:sas2:

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
OSI model is tested in Net+ and Sec+
:sas2:
:ehh: least of my worries right now...

Some of this subnetting shyt Ive figured out how to do and I'll be like:whoo::blessed:

Then a new question pops up asking me how to find some other shyt :gucci::mindblown:

Essentially I need to knw the formulas to answer all the questions they can ask

If they ask me to find the valid host range, First usable address, Last Usable address then im good.

This shyt is exciting and daunting at the same damn time. I just want to move on to the other shyt in Testout Net+ . Feel like its taking up too much of my time trying to learn Subnetting

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
If you can’t learn and understand how data travels through the OSI model then you might not be cut out for a career in IT breh

You're telling me :snoop:

My parents got me into this dumb shyt without even first letting me look into it talm about its good for me to get a certification in this since im 18 to have under my built and i was like :ld:true.... but i didn't know i was gonna be learning all this shyt about hexadecimals & Octets I've never been a tech geek like that anyways but its just like damn you know the feeling when you have to study something you have absolutely zero interest in :shaq2:

Im constantly thinking about other things i'd rather be learning but i believe if i put my mind to this i could learn it but its gonna be tuff cuzz this is truly boring to me :francis:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Can someone please explain to me what the hell an OSI model is in coli terms :snoop:

I'm tired of the All People Seem To Need Data Processing shyt

I need it an Coli terms :mjgrin:

BS, As long as you remember the order you're good. Everything else is pretty much logic and I've never actually had the OSI model come into play during my decade in IT.

As long as you can remember the:

Please
Do
Not
Throw
Sausage
Pizza
Away

Breakdown then you good.

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
BS, As long as you remember the order you're good. Everything else is pretty much logic and I've never actually had the OSI model come into play during my decade in IT.

Please
Do
Not
Throw
Sausage
Pizza
Away

Breakdown then you good.

Thanks this video been helping me alot too

:whew:broke it down like a fraction

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Please
Do
Not
Throw
Sausage
Pizza
Away

Breakdown then you good.

You work in networking and have never used the OSI model in troubleshooting issues? Interesting...my point is that if you can’t grasp how OSI works then you will have issues with learning subnetting, IP ranges and other iOS functions

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any good free resources to study for the ccent? I was going to start on the net+ but now I'm comparing it with ccent before I start purchasing books,labs, etc.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
What were the questions for solutions architect exam like? I'm studying for this rn

Vast majority were situational questions. A lot of them were 2-4 sentences long. Tons of VPC, S3, DynamoDB, and RDS questions.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Udemy has basically all IT classes at $9.99 until Black Friday

I got two CCENT courses that I'll be starting on Dec. 8th after I pass A+ 902

It's going to be a warm winter brehs. Im excited.

:salute:

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
You nikkas reading? Learning new technology? Working on ya portfolio? Audit your time and cut some of the bs.

If you're not happy with your situation. Put in more work. If you study 2 hours a day, push it to 4. We don't do excuses here. You are accountable for your actions. Your current situation is the sum of every decision you have made until now. Don't like it? Change it :ufdup: