IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Tbh... you actually helped me. I didn’t even go through those books until you mentioned it. I went through and highlighted a lot of shyt I forgot or didn’t understand thoroughly or didn’t remember.

No, I’m not going for higher level certs. I don’t want shyt to do with management level certs no matter how much they pay. I think I’m gonna get Pentest+ though just because the info is CEH/CYSA+ mixed.

But for my personal shyt I’m off to coding and learning python then Javascript. It still relates to security in some way so I’m not dabbing too far off. But if I can get pentest+ before the year is out then I’m at like 7 certs... plus whatever my school is offering.

I barely passed cysa but it is what it is.. I changed a lot of answers. I wasn’t confident but I wasn’t unconfident if that makes sense. I was more like If I pass im either gonna pass or fail hard.

I passed though so :yeshrug:

I’m a qualified security analyst now:wow:

Barely read a chapter :wow:
Yeah the PWK and the OSCP are pentesting certs, offensive red team stuff but if you are going more towards programming more power to you.
glad to see you accomplished what you set out to do

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah the PWK and the OSCP are pentesting certs, offensive red team stuff but if you are going more towards programming more power to you.
glad to see you accomplished what you set out to do
Yeah those are the more advanced pentesting. I’m probably not gonna fukk with those until I get the fundamentals down..

I do believe in knowing your shyt thoroughly so im not stopping what I learned here. Just because I passed, theres a lot of shyt I need to figure out. So I’m still gonna take classes, go through lectures, fully complete my certmaster (I only went through half) etc.

I got a CEH program through udemy that I haven’t completed. So my plan is to complete the certmaster, redo the CEH course (hands on with labs... which is something I focused on for the Cysa), then get Pentest info and take that test and possibly take a python test as well. There was a lot of python and coding shyt on my CySA exam that I wouldn’t have been comfortable with if I hadn’t start doing it on my own.

Then hopefully, get both by the end of the year. Just got to do it everyday. I’m partying this weekend though.

I even got my boy into python/coding about a month ago and he’s more advanced at it than I am now. He’s grinding. Now that this cysa is out the way I’m back to grinding. And I get to skip 4 classes towards my degree

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Btw, I already realize that im more offensive minded. Only reason I did CYSA is because I purchased the exam and certmaster by mistake...

Then I was like “it can’t be that hard...”

:stopitslime:

I got that shyt out the way though. I don’t need to recertify Sec+.. I don’t need to recertify A+... I don’t even need to take Net+. This one cert shytted on all of those.

Pentest isn’t going to do shyt but get me another intermediate cert which I’m cool with. I don’t want CISSPor CASP. Those are management level and I’m cool

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Looking through this thread. When it's time to study for a cert exam. Use multiple sources to studying and for practice exams. Seeing how silk used Lynda/LinkedIn vids and failed his shyt twice. On the second time the questions were completely new to him.
Edit:
CySA+ , so you A+ small fries can relax lol
I failed my shyt ONCE :ufdup:

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
:russ: Idc if I fail that ho a few times. I only need to pass it once :troll:

This architect shyt no joke. I work on cloud, write scripts, and pentest. Not enough time to learn all this stuff :mjcry: I'm just trying to stay afloat.

I'm scheduled to take GSEC, GCIH, and OSCP over the next few months too :skip: The grind don't stop.

Last edited:

slikkp

Pro
Daps
:russ: Idc if I fail that ho a few times. I only need to pass it once :troll:

This architect shyt no joke. I work on cloud, write scripts, and pentest. Not enough time to learn all this stuff :mjcry: I'm just trying to stay afloat.

I'm scheduled to take GSEC, GCIH, and OSCP over the next few months too :skip: The grind don't stop.

I thought I was providing aggressive content with these CCNP exams :picard:

• Dap
Reactions: Czr
Daps
Got the MCSA scheduled 2 months out and I'm already bullshytting. Some of you nikkas are out here taking 10 certs at a time. I got to do better. :snoop:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Got the MCSA scheduled 2 months out and I'm already bullshytting. Some of you nikkas are out here taking 10 certs at a time. I got to do better. :snoop:
You don't need that long if you training with Microsoft's online videos.