IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I understand that I missed a couple of questions in this video interview, but can the interviewer not seem bored\sleepy? Thanks.

And no, I don't remember that shyt about memory timings. I can look it up though.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I understand that I missed a couple of questions in this video interview, but can the interviewer not seem bored\sleepy? Thanks.

And no, I don't remember that shyt about memory timings. I can look it up though.
A lot of times these interviews are setup to give these guys cover for what they already want.
If the interviewer isn't engaged it sounds like its only for show.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Looking through this thread. When it's time to study for a cert exam. Use multiple sources to studying and for practice exams. Seeing how silk used Lynda/LinkedIn vids and failed his shyt twice. On the second time the questions were completely new to him.
Edit:
CySA+ , so you A+ small fries can relax lol

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Can we get an update on your journey?

Gonna schedule my AWS CSA exam for 2 weeks from now. I'm amazed at how much stuff I've memorized just from reading blogs and labbing every night after work. Was getting 60s on practice exams 2 weeks ago now I'm getting consistent 85-90s.

This system admin gig has been fun but I've finally found what I really wanna do. Gonna see if I can knock out all 3 of the associates by December and get the security specialty early next year.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Looking through this thread. When it's time to study for a cert exam. Use multiple sources to studying and for practice exams. Seeing how silk used Lynda/LinkedIn vids and failed his shyt twice. On the second time the questions were completely new to him.
Edit:
CySA+ , so you A+ small fries can relax lol
I've literally done CBT nuggets, 2 different UDEMY courses, many practice exams, etc., And I failed it by one question a couple weeks ago. I take it again Saturday and will let you know how it goes. Currently up studying now

I even bought the certmaster but only halfway through it. Might reread chapters I wasn't proficient in the first time but it was so broad

CYSA is cool but I often wonder if I should've just did Pentest+, since my degree requires CEH eventually. Plus, I like the offensive side. Defensive is too much paperwork and politics. Pentest is more like cover your ass, get a SLA, have rules of engagement and get busy... I could be wrong though

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I've literally done CBT nuggets, 2 different UDEMY courses, many practice exams, etc., And I failed it by one question a couple weeks ago. I take it again Saturday and will let you know how it goes. Currently up studying now

I even bought the certmaster but only halfway through it. Might reread chapters I wasn't proficient in the first time but it was so broad

CYSA is cool but I often wonder if I should've just did Pentest+, since my degree requires CEH eventually. Plus, I like the offensive side. Defensive is too much paperwork and politics. Pentest is more like cover your ass, get a SLA, have rules of engagement and get busy... I could be wrong though
Was that one question something you overlooked or forgot? Or some bullshyt situation?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Was that one question something you overlooked or forgot? Or some bullshyt situation?
That one question could’ve been anything, its all different

I went back and changed some things too.. I could’ve just got 2 right and wouldn’t be in this situation

Plus, it’s a lot of reading. You’re sitting there in your own head and the questions are worded as “what is the BEST answer out of 4” or something, which always fukked me up in exams because I like to deal in definites.

Basically, I mossed more than one question but was one away from passing

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Also I had a discount for the CySA voucher but forgot to use it:snoop:

I’ll Pass the Mustard anyone who is taking it though

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Passed CySA+ 10 minutes ago by the hair on my chinny chin chin:wow:

Yes God... I’m in the spirit :wow:
Congrats man. When you get as close as you did it really isn't a thing to go back and knock it out.
Congrats.

I remember you said you were looking at the PenTest+, any thoughts on skipping that and going for the OSCP and the PWK first?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Congrats man. When you get as close as you did it really isn't a thing to go back and knock it out.
Congrats.

I remember you said you were looking at the PenTest+, any thoughts on skipping that and going for the OSCP and the PWK first?
Tbh... you actually helped me. I didn’t even go through those books until you mentioned it. I went through and highlighted a lot of shyt I forgot or didn’t understand thoroughly or didn’t remember.

No, I’m not going for higher level certs. I don’t want shyt to do with management level certs no matter how much they pay. I think I’m gonna get Pentest+ though just because the info is CEH/CYSA+ mixed.

But for my personal shyt I’m off to coding and learning python then Javascript. It still relates to security in some way so I’m not dabbing too far off. But if I can get pentest+ before the year is out then I’m at like 7 certs... plus whatever my school is offering.

I barely passed cysa but it is what it is.. I changed a lot of answers. I wasn’t confident but I wasn’t unconfident if that makes sense. I was more like If I pass im either gonna pass or fail hard.

I passed though so :yeshrug:

I’m a qualified security analyst now:wow:

Barely read a chapter :wow: