IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, some of the stuff on there wasn't even on my lynda studying material. Just anxious to get it done though because all my Comptia certs expire on Oct. 3rd

I should be able to use my school and MCSE as CE credits but im not sure if theres enough time now.

Should've been knocked this shyt out :snoop:

I feel like
Yeah, some of the stuff on there wasn't even on my lynda studying material. Just anxious to get it done though because all my Comptia certs expire on Oct. 3rd

I should be able to use my school and MCSE as CE credits but im not sure if theres enough time now.

Comptia has cert blaster courses you can take to renew your cert. I havnt used it yet cause I just passed sec+ this year but push comes to shove you could knock that out just to renew your existing certs.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I feel like

Comptia has cert blaster courses you can take to renew your cert. I havnt used it yet cause I just passed sec+ this year but push comes to shove you could knock that out just to renew your existing certs.
Yeah, Mine expire on Oct 2nd. So im gonna retake my CySA+ again on the 30th. If I fail again :francis: I'll just do the certmaster course.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, Mine expire on Oct 2nd. So im gonna retake my CySA+ again on the 30th. If I fail again :francis: I'll just do the certmaster course.

Im studying for Cysa too. I guess youd say its wayyy harder then Sec+? I studied like a mad man for sec+ and I only passed by like 12 points.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Im studying for Cysa too. I guess youd say its wayyy harder then Sec+? I studied like a mad man for sec+ and I only passed by like 12 points.
Nah I only failed by 4 points and part of it was because the first three questions were supposed to be simulated scan results to review except the first question didn't have any damn scan results to view :beli:

They're pretty similar tbh

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah I only failed by 4 points and part of it was because the first three questions were supposed to be simulated scan results to review except the first question didn't have any damn scan results to view :beli:

They're pretty similar tbh

Thats good to know. Good luck fam. You got this

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
During interviews, what do I say when they ask, "Why are you leaving you current role?"

Honestly, it's because I don't do much work anymore, I'm not learning anything, and fate of the company is unknown at this time. How do I phrase that into a good answer?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
During interviews, what do I say when they ask, "Why are you leaving you current role?"

Honestly, it's because I don't do much work anymore, I'm not learning anything, and fate of the company is unknown at this time. How do I phrase that into a good answer?

I memorize tons of canned responses from job hunting blogs like the one below. Once you gain enough experience companies cease asking you dumb ass questions like these.

How to Answer This Interview Question: Why Do You Want to Leave Your Current Job? (with Sample Answers!) - Job-Hunt.org

Some of the most common, and easiest to explain, reasons for leaving a job include:
  • Desire to learn.
  • Desire to take on more responsibility.
  • Desire to take on less responsibility.
  • Desire to relocate.
  • Desire for a career change.
  • Desire to gain a new skill or grow a current skill.
  • Company reorganization has led to change in job content.
  • Desire for a shorter commute to work.
  • Desire to improve work/life balance.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

I think you can recertify if you just purchase the Certmaster and complete it

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So you took CySA+?

I just took mines again this weekend... failed it by ONE fukking question again. Same score, it's bullshyt. I took it last weekend too and failed by one question. I was supposed to take it this past Tuesday but they said "something was wrong with my exam" and rescheduled me to Saturday because I don't think they wanted me to take the same exam again...

So they ended up rescheduling me again with a totally new test and when I failed by one question this time I almost flipped out... this is the THIRD time with Comptia fukking me over with the same score on an exam...

It wasn't hard just wasn't easy and the only reason is because they give you more than one correct answer and try to trick you with it. I'm debating on whether or not to try again... it was a completely different exam they gave me this time too. The labs are kinda tough too... I just want it over with so I can move on to other shyt

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
took CySA+ twice... got the same score of 733/750

fukking bullshyt... Sec+ was 730 too... all at the same testing location.

They completely switched my CySA+ to a totally different exam 2nd time too... I remembered maybe like 5 questions from the first one, second one was shyt I never seen before. Still took it just took more time to read through every bullshyt paragraph where there was more than one answer you just had to "choose the BEST one"...

shyt had me livid.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

I always say its because I feel I've reached my ceiling and I give examples on why I feel that way

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone doing desktop support? If is tough to get into Desktop if all I have is helpdesk experience? I gotta get out of helpdesk. I've been on nothing but helpdesk roles and while my pockets are straight my mental state isnt:snoop: