IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
QUOTE="satam55, post: 30982007, member: 5059"]:whew: I just passed the A+ 902 exam a couple hours with a score of 780. I went ahead & paid for the voucher out of pocket because I was tired of waiting for my school to send me one.

Now, I'm shooting for getting the Network+ cert by mid-october.[/QUOTE] Man im happy for you. You did a very big first step.

Billy Preston

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whew: I just passed the A+ 902 exam a couple hours with a score of 780. I went ahead & paid for the voucher out of pocket because I was tired of waiting for my school to send me one.

Now, I'm shooting for getting the Network+ cert by mid-october.

Good shyt - How many hours a day are u dedicating to studying for the Network+? I'm shooting for first week of November. I can grasp the concepts pretty well, it's just memorizing all them damn numbers that's screwing me up

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybofy on Azure certs? Thinking about jumping on that after i complete the server 2016 certs.
This AWS Architect Associate course is so good. Think I'm going to get the cert for this shyt because for some reason I find the shyt enjoyable and interesting to learn :ehh:
Link breh

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Don't remember doing an update on this but I did knock out the google cloud...lol actually landed me an with one of the top cloud company but my speaking skills are terrible so I wasn't a fit for the position. I am thinking of joining Toastsmasters to work on that. Anyways, I applied to grad school for computer science for my masters. Hope I get in.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:whew: I just passed the A+ 902 exam a couple hours with a score of 780. I went ahead & paid for the voucher out of pocket because I was tired of waiting for my school to send me one.

Good shyt - How many hours a day are u dedicating to studying for the Network+? I'm shooting for first week of November. I can grasp the concepts pretty well, it's just memorizing all them damn numbers that's screwing me up

I honestly don't know. I plan on preparing for the Net+ just by:

1. Watching Professor Messer videos (& reviewing his notes)
2. Doing the NET+ Lab Sim I bought from the Pearson IT Certification store
3. Going over practice exam questions

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The startup I work might get sold. One of the potential buyers has interviewed some of the engineers. I don't have much to do at work, so I've just been studying.

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN

Peace Lord, I see you reading from the beginning, reppin the good shyt and soaking that knowledge :banderas:

Slowly but surely you're getting to the paper ! :salute:

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
Which cert was harder? Do you find AWS or Azure more interesting or is it pretty much the same thing?

For the exam in itself, I found the Azure one pretty hard :whew:

The scenarios are way more complex than the AWS exam, in my opinion it's not even close. I initially thought I failed but got the nice surprise at the end :myman:

However, I've seen other people say that the Azure exam was challenging but not hard. So that's that.

I find them both interesting, I guess Azure takes it over for me because of all my background with the Microsoft shyt. Most businesses run a Microsoft environment so Azure might be the natural way to go for some companies.

Having one of those is great, having both is :banderas:.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Time To Do The Damn Thang Brehs

tenor.gif