IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
Time To Do The Damn Thang Brehs

tenor.gif

What's happening big dawg ? :feedme:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Gonna get some new study material and retake it in two weeks

First question was for me to analyze three server scan results and tell what the issue was, except there was no scan results on that question :martin:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
711/750 :mjcry:

I'll be right back next sunday :birdman:

Girls are such a fukking distraction brehs :snoop:
You'll get it man, you were right on the door and now you know what to expect and what your weak spots are and how to adjust.
You got it.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You'll get it man, you were right on the door and now you know what to expect and what your weak spots are and how to adjust.
You got it.
Yeah, some of the stuff on there wasn't even on my lynda studying material. Just anxious to get it done though because all my Comptia certs expire on Oct. 3rd

I should be able to use my school and MCSE as CE credits but im not sure if theres enough time now.

Should've been knocked this shyt out :snoop:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yeah, some of the stuff on there wasn't even on my lynda studying material. Just anxious to get it done though because all my Comptia certs expire on Oct. 3rd

I should be able to use my school and MCSE as CE credits but im not sure if theres enough time now.

Should've been knocked this shyt out :snoop:
When I took the exam there were no CSA books out yet, but i found the CASP books covered the same material, so if you don't feel like the CySA books cover enough, under the objectives look at the same thing in the CASP books and they help.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
I'm becoming impatient with my classes but I really want this degree for opportunities sake, so I'm gonna stick with it especially since I paid outta pocket lol.

The reason I say impatient is because these courses are preparing us for certs through TestOut but I'm so hungry and eager that I study ahead and half way through the semester I end up feeling like I could pass the test then and there. I also have Udemy courses and other online resources on the side to help too.

The catch here is we get reimbursed if we take the exams and pass it through the course so I'm practicing patience. I also notice that they have it in order of what I feel most of you would say is the best progression to take (A+, Net+, Sec+, etc) so jumping ahead doesn't look like a wise option.

Can anyone recommend what I should do on the side? I'm in school for Network Security Analyst but my career goal is Cybersecurity. I heard coding is a great CySec skill to have, and that Python--> Linux is a good starting off point. I figured instead of peaking ahead in class I can do this on the side while scoping out jobs or internships.

Last edited:

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Does anyone have any tips on trying to get a job in Atlanta. I have an bachelors degree in computer information systems and have been applying for help desk jobs but have not been getting an replies.
What does your resume look like brethren? Im talking format and wording. Also previous work experience including internships?