IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Anyone deal with a HIPAA audit before. Have one coming up next month and work has been killing us. I already for see fines coming I just wonder how much.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
This AWS shyt is a breeze brehs. Bought the Udemy course for $12 and it gives me access to the ACloud.Guru course and practice exams. Compared to the CCNA this ain't shyt.
Which AWS you doing? I remember watching a clip & them saying of the associate level AWS certs, that the Developer cert is the easiest, followed by the Solutions Architect cert, than SysOps Admin is the hardest.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Which AWS you doing? I remember watching a clip & them saying of the associate level AWS certs, that the Developer cert is the easiest, followed by the Solutions Architect cert, than SysOps Admin is the hardest.

Associate to start off

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Associate to start off
There's 3 different associate-level certs, Developer, Solutions Architect, & SysOps Admin. Which of the 3 are you doing?

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Have a phone screen interview for a Junior QA position. It's manual QA with room to grow. Not really sure what to expect.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Looks like Google is stepping it up with their "Google IT Support Professional Support Certificate" program by now offering it at community colleges:

https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/life/google-it-support-professional-certificate/
Prefer a Classroom Setting?

Beginning this fall, Google will also offer for-credit IT support certificate classes at more than 25 community colleges in California, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Texas and Wisconsin. To facilitate the process, Google is giving a grant to JFF, a workforce-development nonprofit, which will help community colleges integrate this course into their usual IT offerings.

The course will be offered at community colleges as either a new standalone course or as a part of an existing IT course. A few of the colleges will also offer the course through their continuing education or noncredit programs. The colleges may choose to offer the course online or in a hybrid format that combines classroom and online learning.

Students can expect to pay the same as they would pay for similar courses at their local college, and the certificate will be provided at no extra cost.

The primary advantage to taking the course at a community college is that you’ll receive college credit, said Deborah Kobes, a director at JFF.

In addition, students will receive academic support and more hands-on instruction.

In the college course, in addition to the hands-on teaching, instructors may utilize the Coursera platform in place of a textbook and may use the assessments or tests from the online component to evaluate students’ progress.

“On the other hand,” Kobes said, “a student who enrolls in the certificate on their own would watch the Coursera videos and complete the assessments in the platform independently, without supplemental instruction and/or support from a college.”

Whether you choose to take the fully online course through Coursera or an in-person class at one of the participating community colleges, the IT support certificate and skills learned will be the same, Kobes said.

While not all of the community colleges have announced their involvement publicly yet, here are the ones we know are offering the IT support certificate course this fall:

California: Las Positas College, Cabrillo College and Diablo Valley College

Michigan: Grand Rapids Community College, Macomb Community College and Jackson College

New York: LaGuardia Community College, Monroe Community College and Mohawk Valley Community College

Ohio: Zane State College, Lakeland Community College, Eastern Gateway Community College, Stark State College, North Central State College, Cuyahoga Community College and Lorain County Community College

Texas: Lone Star College and Collin College

https://www.blog.google/outreach-initiatives/grow-with-google/it-cert-community-colleges/

https://www.jff.org/points-of-view/google-it-program-expands-community-colleges-jff/

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
My professor full of shyt, a month later and he still ain't got the vouchers :heh:

About to buy this shyt myself, knock it out in July and then get ready for.......

CISSP

giphy.gif
:snoop:I'm still in the same situation. It's been 2 months since I passed the A+ 901 exam & the Career Navigator/Program Service Coordinator woman still ain't sent me a voucher for the 902 exam. She replied to my email a couple days ago saying I might as well go ahead & pay for the voucher myself because she don't know when she gonna have the voucher ready.

:francis: I might as well start reaching out to the recruiters since I already have Google IT Support cert, a couple MTA certs, & the A+ 901 exam under my belt. This 2-month wait for each of the A+ vouchers, really fukked up my plans. Back in early April, I wanted to knockout the Net+ by mid-June. I thought I'd have Sec+ by now.

Last edited: