IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

BVII

Pro
Daps
If I pay for a CompTIA exam version without the retake, if I do fail would I have to pay the same price again or would the price be lower for the retake?

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Basically a technician. I deal with fixing and setting up servers, fixing computers/laptops, fixing tvs/ phones, printers, etc

I learned some programming to through Linux while working here too :wow:
fukk an a+. You'll have the necessary experience soon. I'd start studying for a cert in whatever you want to specialize in.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
If I pay for a CompTIA exam version without the retake, if I do fail would I have to pay the same price again or would the price be lower for the retake?
Yeah you have to pay for the text again.

Anybody got info or guides for CISSP? Thanks
I can give you the study material I used, if you want, they modified the objectives a bit though, but the content is still the same.

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah you have to pay for the text again.

I can give you the study material I used, if you want, they modified the objectives a bit though, but the content is still the same.
Please if you can. That would be greatly appreciated.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Brehs quick question, Ive decided im going back to college to study Cyber Security. Personal reasons at home were also part of the reason why Im choosing to go to college over just staying, working and getting certs but I was just thinking right now, can I not put in work whilst at college and get certs at the same time as getting my degree? Is that achievable and realistic?

Cant wait to get started, I'm real optimistic about the future. I'm ready to put in the work to join yall :myman:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Brehs quick question, Ive decided im going back to college to study Cyber Security. Personal reasons at home were also part of the reason why Im choosing to go to college over just staying, working and getting certs but I was just thinking right now, can I not put in work whilst at college and get certs at the same time as getting my degree? Is that achievable and realistic?

Cant wait to get started, I'm real optimistic about the future. I'm ready to put in the work to join yall :myman:

If you can land internships you wont need certs besides maybe the ones later in your career like CISSP

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
If you can land internships you wont need certs besides maybe the ones later in your career like CISSP

Is that because I'll have experience on my side? I have the chance of doing an internship in my 2rd year I think. You don't think it would be beneficial to have the certs as well tho just incase?

Thanks for the help breh

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Is that because I'll have experience on my side? I have the chance of doing an internship in my 2rd year I think. You don't think it would be beneficial to have the certs as well tho just incase?

Thanks for the help breh

Experience trumps all. You do whatever you can to get it whether it be university or certs. Once you have solid experience certs dont matter. Most of the people in this thread are trying to get experience.