IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
@Redguard You still waiting for Professor Messer's Net+ N10-007 notes to leak?

I have the Exam Cram Net+ N10-007 cram sheet notes you can use in the meantime if you want.

Thanks breh. I definitely could use those notes.

If I can get the Professor Messer Net+ N10-007 Notes I will let you know.

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
Anybody that is a beginner like me needs to look into offerings from their public library.

Just found out houston public libraries offers lynda.com courses for free involving IT & Programming.

-Become a Windows System Administrator
(Server 2012 R2)

-Become a Network Administrator(CCENT)

-Become a Full-Stack Web Developer(PHP,Ruby on Rails, .NET, NODE.js)

All i needed to do to login was use my library card number and make a password for it

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@Redguard You still waiting for Professor Messer's Net+ N10-007 notes to leak?

I have the Exam Cram Net+ N10-007 cram sheet notes you can use in the meantime if you want.

Shoot Ill take those off your hands if you got em bruh

Thanks breh. I definitely could use those notes.

If I can get the Professor Messer Net+ N10-007 Notes I will let you know.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Does anyone know if I can take the A+ exam online...the testing center I go to closed down their pearson vue center due to "financial reasons" and I don't have a car to go the nearest one which is in Charlotte. Can anyone respond back to this ???

Daps
Anybody that is a beginner like me needs to look into offerings from their public library.

Just found out houston public libraries offers lynda.com courses for free involving IT & Programming.

-Become a Windows System Administrator
(Server 2012 R2)

-Become a Network Administrator(CCENT)

-Become a Full-Stack Web Developer(PHP,Ruby on Rails, .NET, NODE.js)

All i needed to do to login was use my library card number and make a password for it

You can also try a google course. I found it just by typing it on google. The course is on a site called "coursera". I would say it also a good beginner courses. It 48 doallars a month thoe.

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
You can also try a google course. I found it just by typing it on google. The course is on a site called "coursera". I would say it also a good beginner courses. It 48 doallars a month thoe.

Yeah that's true but these are lynda courses are free with a Public Library Card

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I just did some research and found out most people say get the CCENT certification instead of the network+? Anybody else get the network+ instead and why?

I posted this a few months ago:

It only makes sense to do CCENT/CCNA, if you want to go into networking. If you don't want to go down the networking route or you're not sure, do Network+. Even if you want to get into networking & are planning to do CCENT/CCNA, the knowledge learned from Network+ is going to be useful to you when doing CCENT/CCNA.

I saw a webinar from a couple months ago, where CompTIA's Director of Product Management for the Network+ exam did a good job explaining the differences between Network+ and CCENT/CCNA:

Skip to 20:25 mark:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
d
Much appreciated man I was worried I wasted my money on these udemy courses and my time going that route

Guess Ill keep on trucking

Network+ in 2 months... CCNA By the end of the year
download GNS3 and start running the routing simulators you'll be ready to test by the end of the year running those sims for Cisco switches and routers.
o