IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
What's your opinion for applying to companies who initially rejected you? Back in november I had apply to this job I wanted badly. $116K plus 10 percent bonus..recruiter contacted me, passed both the initial interview with the recruiter and completely destroyed the technical part of the question. Phone interview with the hiring manager..in the middle of the interview he stopped asking me technical questions because the recruiter told him, I know my shyt etc. etc. so after the phone interview..they moved my status to they were going to proceed with an in person interview....I hated the timing because it was mid December and people are usually out of the office etc. So I never got an update from them and when I e-mailed the recruiter, she never bothered to give me one. Same job was posted last night, I literally qualify for every thing on the check list and more. Looking at folks with the same title on linkedin, they don't have the credentials I do.

I re-applied and am even more qualified. I just want the money.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What's your opinion for applying to companies who initially rejected you? Back in november I had apply to this job I wanted badly. $116K plus 10 percent bonus..recruiter contacted me, passed both the initial interview with the recruiter and completely destroyed the technical part of the question. Phone interview with the hiring manager..in the middle of the interview he stopped asking me technical questions because the recruiter told him, I know my shyt etc. etc. so after the phone interview..they moved my status to they were going to proceed with an in person interview....I hated the timing because it was mid December and people are usually out of the office etc. So I never got an update from them and when I e-mailed the recruiter, she never bothered to give me one. Same job was posted last night, I literally qualify for every thing on the check list and more. Looking at folks with the same title on linkedin, they don't have the credentials I do.

Worst they can do is reject you/not respond.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Any one on here have any Salesforce Dev certs?

Also I’ve been dabbling in IOS fronted for a while and I’m thinking of learning backend and getting an Aws dev cert. Can anyone offer insight on that?

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

I was "turned down" by my current job twice "allegedly" before I got it.:manny:

I didn't get that far though, I got "turned down" supposedly when they were presented my resume :duck:

Yet somehow my current recruiter was able to get me a real interview.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
dont know if i wanna go the IT route or programming route

Honestly, just do both. A lot of highly paid positions in I.T will require some form of programming(maybe the more experience guys here can say other wise) these days in terms of automation. At least for the jobs I want. Python seems to be the most popular and I want to learn it by the end of the year.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:ehh: I just passed the A+ 901 exam with a score of 784.

Dope!! what type of questions did you have on your test??

You know how I recommended to you to go buy the Mike Meyers A+ practice exams from Udemy for $10? My recommendation still stands because the Mike Meyers A+ practice exams questions are interchangeable with the questions on the real A+ exam.

Here are the links:

https://www.udemy.com/comptia-a-certification-220-901-practice-tests/

https://www.udemy.com/comptia-a-certification-220-902-practice-tests/

Last edited:
Daps
Java will put you in the game....

fyi

Bachelor's + 3 years java = $60k-70k

+ 5 years $85k-$100k

5 years ago...I never thought I could ask for over $85k

That is what is on my profile on dice.com...and they call and email DAILY

What did you get you bachelor's in ?