IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I recall submitting my race with an application to Snapchat and a "diversity" representative was handling my process.

Edgecase. Usually when Diversity recruiters are involved they actually do recruiting events and or have diversity targeted job postings.

The avg job posting usually isnt targeted for diversity hires but to your point there is chance you could be flagged BUT that data from what I understand isnt supposed to be used for dictating who they will hire but more so having data on who is applying so if hired they have that data.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Teacher still ain't sent the fukking vouchers. :martin:

Im about to buy this shyt myself and then sell whatever ones he get.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Teacher still ain't sent the fukking vouchers. :martin:

Im about to buy this shyt myself and then sell whatever ones he get.
:mjlol: Same situation. The lady sent a blast email earlier this week explaining why it's took so long too receive our vouchers & that we would finally get them by Thursday. It's Friday & she still has sent the vouchers.

Last edited:

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just started studying for comptia A+ watched 4 hour video from powercert . . .I had a video of a bruh who was helping bruhs out by sending his study guide but I lost his channel . . .anywho I finally finished the four hour video now to study my notes . . . . I wanna get this out the way asap

I looked at a sample exam . . .some shyt I knew but than other shyt in like wtf . . .I dont recall this being in the video at all

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
I just started studying for comptia A+ watched 4 hour video from powercert . . .I had a video of a bruh who was helping bruhs out by sending his study guide but I lost his channel . . .anywho I finally finished the four hour video now to study my notes . . . . I wanna get this out the way asap

I looked at a sample exam . . .some shyt I knew but than other shyt in like wtf . . .I dont recall this being in the video at all

What is it you didn't know???

Download the exam objectives. Everything you need to know for the exam is on there.

Ive been through hella practice exams and haven't come across anything I haven't at least read from the objectives.

Professor Messer said. You should be able to go through the objectives and describe everything on it. I'm taking mine nin 2 weeks.

Im ready. Excited and a little nervous. But I've worked my ass off studying for this exam. I should be able to AT LEAST get a 700

Last edited:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Man I thought my last gig was laid back & easy, and it was but

This security job i'm on now I literally work maybe an hour out of the day.

I got frowned upon for asking for shyt to do :dead:

What position do you hold?

I remember you starting in IT around 2014 right?

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What is it you didn't know???

Download the exam objectives. Everything you need to know for the exam is on there.

Ive been through hella practice exams and haven't come across anything I haven't at least read from the objectives.

Professor Messer said. You should be able to go through the objectives and describe everything on it. I'm taking mine nin 2 weeks.

Im ready. Excited and a little nervous. But I've worked my ass off studying for this exam. I should be able to AT LEAST get a 700

Yeah I just got through the video yesterday now studying notes, had no idea about the exam objectives just hopped in by watching the powercerts video and taking those notes now on in the process of studying the notes the question I can't recall it was on this site CompTIA A+ 220-901 Exam Sample

Here we go i think

CompTIA A+ 220-901 – Q223 | CompTIA A+ 220-901 Exam Sample

Ima watch messer videos as well when I have some time . .

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Yeah I just got through the video yesterday now studying notes, had no idea about the exam objectives just hopped in by watching the powercerts video and taking those notes now on in the process of studying the notes the question I can't recall it was on this site CompTIA A+ 220-901 Exam Sample

Here we go i think

CompTIA A+ 220-901 – Q223 | CompTIA A+ 220-901 Exam Sample

Ima watch messer videos as well when I have some time . .

Oh that question is easy. I have online flash cards with all the ranges on them. Just sat down for a few hours and went over them for hours til I knew them all

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
Peace to the Gods !

Any feedback on EdX trainings ?

I'm doing a pretty good course on Azure Security and Compliance provided by Microsoft. I'm thinking about getting the verified certificate for $99 :jbhmm:

Once that's done, direction 70-535 Architecting Azure Solutions :whoo:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to start slowly applying to jobs again. The position I'm in now is too low level. And the one or two interesting projects are moving way too slowly.

I've only been at this place for 5 months. :francis:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I'm going to start slowly applying to jobs again. The position I'm in now is too low level. And the one or two interesting projects are moving way too slowly.

I've only been at this place for 5 months. :francis:
What is it that you do breh?