IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
So I got a conditional offer letter on Tuesday for a lead Applications Analyst role...this position had an 8 week hiring process...it was unbelievable lol. They are in the process of doing my background checks. If that pans out and I don't receive any other offers, then im signing that final offer letter by late next week. I'm going to miss having unlimited PTO but having a significant boost in salary is worth it. Have to also go back to that business casual life :scusthov:

background checks cleared...got my final offer letter and signed it electronically..we good :myman:

Spin

All Star
Daps
Haven't been in this thread in awhile. If anyone has a security clearance and looking for a job send me a pm. I might be able to help you out.

Henryflo1

All Star
Daps
are the mike meyers A+ certification courses worth it or should i look for an alternative route?

Spin

All Star
Daps
Finally after 2.5 yrs off help desk. Finally transitioned over to Local Client Support. More chill and hands on.off the phone. Setting up puones (AirWatch) etc, imaging machines,a/v support, repair, etc. Chilled for 3 hours today on youtube imaging machines

Just don't get too comfortable. In about a year, you will be ready to bounce from that position too. You're in one of the few industries where you can control your income by adding certs and experience.

DrDoom

All Star
Daps
Just don't get too comfortable. In about a year, you will be ready to bounce from that position too. You're in one of the few industries where you can control your income by adding certs and experience.

Def a stepping stone. Looking a the sec+ or CSA

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Man I thought my last gig was laid back & easy, and it was but

This security job i'm on now I literally work maybe an hour out of the day.

I got frowned upon for asking for shyt to do :dead:
What do you do security wise? Network ? Firewall? Audits?

I hear a lot of security jobs are like that where your basically watching the clock:pachaha: