IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
So I got a conditional offer letter on Tuesday for a lead Applications Analyst role...this position had an 8 week hiring process...it was unbelievable lol. They are in the process of doing my background checks. If that pans out and I don't receive any other offers, then im signing that final offer letter by late next week. I'm going to miss having unlimited PTO but having a significant boost in salary is worth it. Have to also go back to that business casual life :scusthov:
Congrats.

Looks like I'm gonna be on that short term contract game for a little while, unless this position with the bank or hospital comes through.
My contractor might have just caused a DoD security event. They are investigating whether these motherfukkers forged my credentials and lied about my clearance status.
These motherfukkers about to get some civilians fired because I'm on all types of networks and I technically haven't been cleared. SMH
I have a feeling these crackers are goign to try to blackball me with this shyt and kill my government contracting hustle.
Off to the private sector for me.
:mjcry:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I didn't pass i got a 497 out of 675 but it did give me the areas i needed improving in...it gave me alot of printer and projection scenario question RAID TCP/IP

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I didn't pass i got a 497 out of 675 but it did give me the areas i needed improving in...it gave me alot of printer and projection scenario question RAID TCP/IP
WOW!! You weren't ready to take the test. The scale is 900 & you need at least 675 to pass. So you actually got 497 out of 900.

I recommend you buy the Mike Meyers A+ practice exams from Udemy for $10. The questions are interchangeable with questions on the real A+ exam.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
WOW!! You weren't ready to take the test. The scale is 900 & you need at least 675 to pass. So you actually got 497 out of 900.

I recommend you buy the Mike Meyers A+ practice exams from Udemy for $10. The questions are interchangeable with questions on the real A+ exam.
To be fair I spent the bulk of time using the David Prowse exam cram for 801 and 802 for studying material I just bought the exam cram for 901-902 for myself after i seen my grade.
Edit: I already knew I wasn't getting 900 that's a pipe dream shooting for a perfect score so I set my expecations close to 675 or in the 700 range at least. I really wanted to pass this thing :mjcry:. Plus i was given a sheet on what to improve on to help better prepare for the test when I got my results

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, I’ve been with my current employer for nearly 3 years, cool cube office but still a stuffy corporate cac office feel. I work as a Windows engineering/virtualization environment and I’ve been studying up on devops for the last few years, specifically Ansible, Jenkins, docker etc. I often get frustrated due to not having any real world devops experience short of labing at home and linuxacademy

I now have the opportunity to work for a university primarily as a Linux admin/engineer. Would you all consider taking a lateral pay move (old salary + bonus) is close to the salary that I’m being offered but I’ll be working to support Linux boxes along with the option to work remotely 2 days a week. I’m leaning towards leaving, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Think I am ready to get google cloud certified :ehh:.

I should also be able to get both AWS/Google Cloud data Engineer done right after.

Ultimate goal is to not only get a new job but keep my current job so I can knock the majoritiy of my hours on the weekend.