IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Containerization, CI (Jenkins) and AWS/Azure
Oh yeah I learned AWS but have never worked on it in a production environment.

I also wanna learn openStack and Azure.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Been waiting on these CASP and CSA vouchers from my teacher for weeks :snoop:

Bout to say F it and just cop these shyts myself.

I don't see any CBT vids for the CASP. Anybody have any good resources for that one?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Been waiting on these CASP and CSA vouchers from my teacher for weeks :snoop:

Bout to say F it and just cop these shyts myself.

I don't see any CBT vids for the CASP. Anybody have any good resources for that one?

:francis: I'm in the same situation. I wanted to take my A+ exams last month, but the Career Navigator/Program Service Coordinator woman ain't gonna finally send us our exam vouchers until this week. We were supposed to originally get the vouchers back in mid-April.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
Passed CCNA CyberOps.

giphy.gif

Going 3 Sword style for AWS Solution Architect

giphy.gif

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Passed CCNA CyberOps.
:myman:How was it? Did you grt in on the scholarship?

My cohort starts in June, I just picked up the ebooks last night so will go over em next couple of weeks.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
:myman:How was it? Did you grt in on the scholarship?

My cohort starts in June, I just picked up the ebooks last night so will go over em next couple of weeks.

Yeah, I took it through the scholarship.

Read the official cert guide for 210-250. The test had some stuff that was not covered in the courseware. Make sure you read the gap document before you take 210-255. Let me know if you need the books or the gap document.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I took it through the scholarship.

Read the official cert guide for 210-250. The test had some stuff that was not covered in the courseware. Make sure you read the gap document before you take 210-255. Let me know if you need the books or the gap document.
Gap doc? Is that the NIST documents or? :patrice:

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Question for the brehs working in IT

1.Is there an age limit with getting into IT ive heard some companies are biased in hiring younger guys ?
2.Is the market over saturated will it be harder for somone to get in get experience and certs and within 7 years or so make 100k?

Daps
What are your day to day tasks? What was your prior experience prior to desktop support? and (if i'm not being too personal) what does it normally pay?
So I'm currently on the tail end of a windows 10 migration. Most of my tasks during the migration were reimaging computers, installing software, mapping drives and printers and troubleshooting VPN issues. I also deal with iPhone setup and reconfiguration(fukk iPhones btw)

Currently I do maybe 2 tickets a day. That are the occasional reimage and setting up customers desktops/laptops. Maybe an occasional network drive/printer issue.

I hope I answered you well enough to give you an understanding.

Edit: I'm only making 18/HR but some of my coworkers are making more and there's opportunities for promotion fairly often.