IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
:heh: I see where you fukked up taking this Junior Admin postion as your first IT job.

I got several admin positions saved in my Indeed profile. But everyone of them has the following in the job listings:

1. The listing mentiones only need 1 year of experience (or less) OR the listing doesn't say anything about needing experience

& most importantly

2. The listing says their specfically going to train you.

Here is 1 of the saved listing in my profile:
IT Network Administrator & Systems Support Technician

$45,000 - $65,000 a year

This is an entry-level position for a IT Network Administrator & Systems Support technician. In this role, you will improve your skills in providing IT administration and support for SMB clients in Dallas, Texas.

We are seeking applicants with experience supporting Windows Server remotely. This is a team-based position where you will interact with clients over the phone, IM and email. A great personality and a keen sense of curiosity are a must in this role!

Training will be provided for first 3-6 months.

Candidates that have 1-3 years of Windows desktop support experience are encouraged to apply.

This is a full-time position with benefits.

• Substantial training will be provided along with Certifications and classroom training. We want you to advance as quickly as possible.*

IT Network Administrator & Systems Support Tech

• Manage Active Directory services on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
  • Support a multi-site Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 environment and O365
  • Support Cloud Solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure and Office 365 (training will be provided)
  • Install and configure new software images and hardware as required
  • Write and manage technical documentation, policies, and procedures for solutions
  • Provide input and participate in strategic planning sessions
  • Help define and establish common and advanced system administration practices and procedures
  • Use ConnectWise and Labtech (ConnectWise Automate) to track and automate your work.
Work environment includes arcade basketball hoop, Xbox One, cafe with stocked fridge and pantry.

Yeah im just going to try to fake it until i make it. Gonna try to learn as much as i can for the future. If i get bushed i can always add that to my work experience and go in prepared for next role.:yeshrug:

But its never fun getting bushed :francis:

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
to keep it simple I would do work in putty, AD, configure phones, make powershell scripts, reimage computers, consult in project management, physical security like checking cameras n installing biometrics, do facilities shyt like raise cubes n guide cables thru the ceiling, configure wall TVs on the call floor etc....

Along of course with misc computer problems from agents, team leads, trainers, HR n allat

Meanwhile theyre keeping mfs around that sexually harass the females there n follow em home from work :francis:

How many years in the game?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yeah im just going to try to fake it until i make it. Gonna try to learn as much as i can for the future. If i get bushed i can always add that to my work experience and go in prepared for next role.:yeshrug:

But its never fun getting bushed :francis:
Man just go in there and keep your eyes and ears open. You've already done the hard part.

Ace2306

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It looks like they made the new Network+ N10-007 exam easier than the N10-006 exam, according to this certmag.com article from November: http://certmag.com/overview-changes-comptias-new-network-exam/

The article is written by Emmett Dulaney. He's the Author of Exam Cram Network+ books & he's also the Author of the A+ & Security+ books from Sybex. He does a really good job breaking down the exam details & objectives of the N10-007 vs. N10-006.

Also, I'm currently watching a Webinar from February with with CompTIA's Director of Product Management for the Network+ exam. When talking about the major difference between the N10-006 & the N10-007 exams, she mentions that the N10-006 was geared towards Network Administrators, while the new updated N10-007 is geared towards Junior Network & Systems Admins.

Skip to the 17:45 mark:

Packettracer

Icantspell

#freedaguys
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO FOREVER
You're better off sticking with doing the CompTIA A+ exam than doing the MTA 98-349 Windows OS exam. Windows OS is HUGE part of A+ 902 exam. So I don't recommend MTA 98-349 exam.

Besides, I could never find any free (legal or pirated) content online for the current MTA 98-349 exam.
Can you hook me up with some Network + material breh :feedme:

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interview went well despite winging it completely looks like my hand wouldn't be held in this joint at all tho
full
:hamster:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I dont know whats worst about IT

Dealing with the politics or dealing with people (management/pm’s/users) :mindblown:

Some of this shyt has me like :dahell: