IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Got me a new CBT trial, about to rip these CySA+ vids :lolbron:
Read the CASP books and I have a CSA+ book I believe, it you want it pm me and I'll shoot you a link.
Its a pretty tough tests, but you can do it, and the best thing is, once you study it, if you go right into the CISSP you'll be set.

Daps
bruh for a beginner novice what is the best way/course to learn linux

also is anybody in this thread RHCSA certified? id like to ask you some questions?

I'd just jump in. Use Virtualbox and get you a distro on there. I'd go with Centos as it's the equivalent to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, but free. Most corps are gonna use those two or Ubuntu. The main thing with Linux is getting use to the Linux File System/Directory and how to move around with just the command line. My job is 100% command line. No GUI. If you coming from Linux this a major adjustment.

Sign up at linuxaxademy.com. I think they got a free trial. Start with the Linux Essentials course. They literally start you from the bottom.

I'm taking the RHCSA later this month. I know about 3-4 brehs who already took it and passed first time too. What questions you got.

Linux + AWS + Scripting (Python for example) and I'm telling you the calls and emails will be coming fast af.

Daps
Failed the fukk outta the 70-411 but I wasn't expecting to pass anyway. I didn't even finish going over all the videos on testout. Walked in like :skip: I know what the exam looks like though so next time imma get that W.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Just got fired for the vacation I was told I could go on by my manager :ohhh:. I literally have the texts . Just passed 10 months at my first IT job too

The complete disconnect at that company between HR and IT.:mjlol: And they have no idea my colleague is about to leave

Welp Atleast it was a good resume builder. Got payed to 15 an hr to be a junior sys admin, network engineer and telephony engineer:ehh:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@satam55

Recommended books for the MTA
Exam 98-349
You're better off sticking with doing the CompTIA A+ exam than doing the MTA 98-349 Windows OS exam. Windows OS is HUGE part of A+ 902 exam. So I don't recommend MTA 98-349 exam.

Besides, I could never find any free (legal or pirated) content online for the current MTA 98-349 exam.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got fired for the vacation I was told I could go on by my manager :ohhh:. I literally have the texts . Just passed 10 months at my first IT job too

The complete disconnect at that company between HR and IT.:mjlol: And they have no idea my colleague is about to leave

Welp Atleast it was a good resume builder. Got payed to 15 an hr to be a junior sys admin, network engineer and telephony engineer:ehh:

what tasks did you do from day to day ?

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
what tasks did you do from day to day ?

to keep it simple I would do work in putty, AD, configure phones, make powershell scripts, reimage computers, consult in project management, physical security like checking cameras n installing biometrics, do facilities shyt like raise cubes n guide cables thru the ceiling, configure wall TVs on the call floor etc....

Along of course with misc computer problems from agents, team leads, trainers, HR n allat

Meanwhile theyre keeping mfs around that sexually harass the females there n follow em home from work :francis:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

to keep it simple I would do work in putty, AD, configure phones, make powershell scripts, reimage computers, consult in project management, physical security like checking cameras n installing biometrics, do facilities shyt like raise cubes n guide cables thru the ceiling, configure wall TVs on the call floor etc....

Along of course with misc computer problems from agents, team leads, trainers, HR n allat

Meanwhile theyre keeping mfs around that sexually harass the females there n follow em home from work :francis:
What was your actual official title?

Also is Putty supposed be the most popular Windows app for connecting to SSH? I've been using it the last few days to connect my Ubuntu VM on my AWS account because none of the web browsers on Windows allow you to connect to Linux VMs on AWS via SSH in the browser.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
What was your actual official title?

Also is Putty supposed be the most popular Windows app for connecting to SSH? I've been using it the last few days to connect my Ubuntu VM on my AWS account because none of the web browsers on Windows allow you to connect to Linux VMs on AWS via SSH in the browser.

My title was Technical Support Engineer, and yeah putty is the most popular for windows from what ive seen. used it exclusively at work n in school on windows pcs

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
About to get it cracking with this CySA+ and knock it out at the end of the month

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@Ace2306 @BaRRyG What did y'all use to lab for Network+ in Per Scholas? I ask because from what I've read on reddit & techexams forums, it's almost impossible to pass the Net+ without hand-on experience either on the job or doing labs.

Not true.

Most who passed just studied harder. Labs are good for experience though.

Simulations are a must though, you fail 1 sim and chances are you gonna fail exam.

Going back to retake NET+ this month. The A+ hasn't landed me anything yet. Im fukked up in the game. Not even entry level work in finding.

Yea that Net+ was a beast but it's doable. The messor extended cheat sheet is good the powercert vids and the messor net+ vids. shyt is hard though I thought I failed before I saw my score. And yes the sims are a must

It looks like they made the new Network+ N10-007 exam easier than the N10-006 exam, according to this certmag.com article from November: http://certmag.com/overview-changes-comptias-new-network-exam/

The article is written by Emmett Dulaney. He's the Author of Exam Cram Network+ books & he's also the Author of the A+ & Security+ books from Sybex. He does a really good job breaking down the exam details & objectives of the N10-007 vs. N10-006.

Also, I'm currently watching a Webinar from February with with CompTIA's Director of Product Management for the Network+ exam. When talking about the major difference between the N10-006 & the N10-007 exams, she mentions that the N10-006 was geared towards Network Administrators, while the new updated N10-007 is geared towards Junior Network & Systems Admins.

Skip to the 17:45 mark: