IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Balla

Superstar
Daps
When people say a bachelor's to be in management, they mean any bachelor's or IT specifically?

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Question brehs im in a dilemma so I work in healthcare as an x-ray technician however im highly interested in IT how would I go about getting the experience without totally leaving my job most of the internship or help desk jobs in my area are asking a lot just to be qualified for an entry role.Ive researched a job title called PACS administrator which is part of my job plus IT do any of the 6 cert brehs got any info on that?

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Question brehs im in a dilemma so I work in healthcare as an x-ray technician however im highly interested in IT how would I go about getting the experience without totally leaving my job most of the internship or help desk jobs in my area are asking a lot just to be qualified for an entry role.Ive researched a job title called PACS administrator which is part of my job plus IT do any of the 6 cert brehs got any info on that?

I work with a few PACS Admins. What is it you want to know specifically?

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Anyone sign up for those INE video courses?

Looks like they got some good courses

prices got me like :damn::patrice:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Finished first part studying on UDEMY, but I'm definitely not ready for 901 exam yet. I need to do some additional studying, because it was a lot of information, and I finished it in a month and a half. I think I need another month of reading books and more videos.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I somewhat know the responsibilities however I was wanting to know if I were to go that route how could I flip that into another IT job after gaining years of experience from there?

Will depend on the place you work but the ones I've worked with are system admins so that's a role you could transition to after a couple of years.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Get a braindump and run the questions.
That said A+ covers a lot of ttopics, hardware, to customer support,
Sometimes when you look at it you get overwhelmed, if it helps, just focus on sections and focus on completing sections, try a section a week.
Its easy regardless of level of certs to get swamped, but just break it down and remember you eat an elephant one bite at a time, break it down in smaller sections
Did this yesterday. Ran through 10 questions yesterday on YouTube for each the 901 & 902:

If those are the type of questions that are actually on the exam, I feel pretty good I'll ace the exams on the first try.

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Did this yesterday. Ran through 10 questions yesterday on YouTube for each the 901 & 902:

If those are actually the type of questions that are actually on the exam, I feel pretty good I'll ace the exams on the first try.

Its been a long time since I took it, but those questions remind me of the one I had on my test.
A+ is very easy if you have experience with PCs so you should be okay if you have studied hard.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
:whoo:I would think since you're a Junior Sysadmin, you'd have to do the grunt work the main SysAdmin don't want do.

I do but there aint much to do unless there are new hires coming in. I'll be busy as hell this may and june more than likely.