IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
No need to be scared of taking Sec+, and its good to have off GP so do get it, regardless of if you go into HIM

Yeah, I’ll still look into self-studying before using my money to take the class for the credit. I just wasn’t ready for it..

Anyways, the Health Information Systems major. I was looking at the course requirements and saw “ICD Coding Systems.” So... I’m assuming I need to learn to code. Do you have any suggestions on that?

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
Figure out the root cause of why you were scared. If you don't, that mentality will continue to hinder you. Regardless of what field you end up in.

The terminology like the acronyms, fearing that even after learning it I still don’t know what to do when it comes down to it.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
The terminology like the acronyms, fearing that even after learning it I still don’t know what to do when it comes down to it.

Most ppl don't know what they're doing. As far as tech fields go. What matters is, that when you have down time, you are putting in the effort to learn what you don't know. That's what separates the successful ppl from the avg.

I was at work today with the :skip: cuz I ain't know some of this shyt. Best believe I'll be in the books until I know more than my entire team doe. :myman:

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
Most ppl don't know what they're doing. As far as tech fields go. What matters is, that when you have down time, you are putting in the effort to learn what you don't know. That's what separates the successful ppl from the avg.

I was at work today with the :skip: cuz I ain't know some of this shyt. Best believe I'll be in the books until I know more than my entire team doe. :myman:

What you do?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
* brehette (pic is in the avi)

But you right. I’m scrolling thru udemy right now tryna figure out what I should get into.
tenor.gif

:shaq:

Nah just fukking with you :russ:. Czr is right though, most people are just stumbling through each day and not many put in the outside time to understand the field. That's how you end up with developers in their 40s and shyt and who never moved upward. I love computer science and don't really have a solid grasp on some of the concepts.

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
tenor.gif

:shaq:

Nah just fukking with you :russ:. Czr is right though, most people are just stumbling through each day and not many put in the outside time to understand the field. That's how you end up with developers in their 40s and shyt and who never moved upward. I love computer science and don't really have a solid grasp on some of the concepts.

IT is the most intriguing but complicated field to be in, I learned that already :wow:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps

That's because certs don't teach you how to do shyt. All they do is give you career context. A security+ ain't gonna teach you how to use tcpdump or read a packet capture or do anything.

Security+, CEH, A+ and all that entry level shyt is buns as far as actual practical knowledge :hubie:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yeah, I’ll still look into self-studying before using my money to take the class for the credit. I just wasn’t ready for it..

Anyways, the Health Information Systems major. I was looking at the course requirements and saw “ICD Coding Systems.” So... I’m assuming I need to learn to code. Do you have any suggestions on that?
Nah thats medical coding, thats how they bill in the medical field.
I'm thinking of trying to learn the medical coding system so I can do the billing shyt on the side.

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
That's because certs don't teach you how to do shyt. All they do is give you career context. A security+ ain't gonna teach you how to use tcpdump or read a packet capture or do anything.

Security+, CEH, A+ and all that entry level shyt is buns as far as actual practical knowledge :hubie:

You got any certs?