IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
A+ stuff is good to know but fukk paying all that for a cert that just lands you at the bottom career wise. Should I jump to security+ if I want to do cyber security? I do plan to get a IT or IS degree, but I want to start learning now. Also is their a way to do volunteer work for experience? I don't have the extra money to buy "cheap parts" to learn.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
@Czr you never got back to me breh

I answer questions once in a while to give brehs a spark. Eventually you will have to read through this thread to find your answers. (Opposed to just asking us, because we know it's been answered several times in the past on here). That's how I went from 15/hr to 90/hr. By reading this entire thread.

As for ur question; search for Linux. I see 55 listings in ya city.

Pick a skill that is in demand near you, or move to a city that has more jobs.

As far as applying to jobs in other states. Use Google maps to find a random address in that city. (Honestly, u can take ya address off ur resume).

As for job sites. (Again, u could have used Google to figure this out). Simplyhired, monster, LinkedIn to name a few.

Last edited:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I answer questions once in a while to give brehs a spark. Eventually you will have to read through this thread to find your answers. (Opposed to just asking us, because we know it's been answered several times in the past on here). That's how I went from 15/hr to 90/hr. By reading this entire thread.

As for ur question; search for Linux. I see 55 listings in ya city.

Pick a skill that is in demand near you, or move to a city that has more jobs.

As far as applying to jobs in other states. Use Google maps to find a random address in that city. (Honestly, u can take ya address off ur resume).

As for job sites. (Again, u could have used Google it to figure this out). Simplyhired, monster, LinkedIn to name a few.
I appreciate you answering, but I've been through the thread breh. Appreciate the tips.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I will advice you to take a lot of practice exams as well and also do a lot of real world practice since that will be the skill you will need to hold on to a job.

I will upload a simulator which shows you how to put together a computer and laptop. Once you get comfortable with that practice with actual PC's, that is the only way the material will stick

I barely read any of those long books...I do a lot of hands-on and practice exams.
Ahh damn this breh got banned :mjlol:
Anybody got that simulator he's speaking of :feedme:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Even though I just started a support job last week, there's a manual testing QA position in another state that I really want to apply to.

Any tips for applying for jobs out of state? Or tips for applying to QA positions?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
If it's out of state apply anyway, nothing to lose. Just make sure you inquire about relocation and be prepared for the costs. Probably 80% of my applications were to out of state positions. But I wasn't really trying to work in California anyway.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If it's out of state apply anyway, nothing to lose. Just make sure you inquire about relocation and be prepared for the costs. Probably 80% of my applications were to out of state positions. But I wasn't really trying to work in California anyway.
I'm fine with paying for relocation. I got family and friends where it's at.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'm fine with paying for relocation. I got family and friends where it's at.
Well you should be straight then. Approach it like you would any other job. They'll probably fly you out for an on site interview if they're large enough and you're a serious candidate although the job I'm about to start didn't.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well you should be straight then. Approach it like you would any other job. They'll probably fly you out for an on site interview if they're large enough and you're a serious candidate although the job I'm about to start didn't.
I'm in NYC and the job's down south. I'm not putting the job I just started on my resume (or Linked In).

Have you ever reached out to recruiters on LinkedIn? I've been wanting to work for this company for a long time.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Even though I just started a support job last week, there's a manual testing QA position in another state that I really want to apply to.

Any tips for applying for jobs out of state? Or tips for applying to QA positions?

I wouldn't relocate for a QA job breh especial some manual joint when most companies are moving towards automation.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
lol man you must not own anything
Even even when you don't own anything :guccard:. My bank balance just says :mjcry:.

I'm in NYC and the job's down south. I'm not putting the job I just started on my resume (or Linked In).

Have you ever reached out to recruiters on LinkedIn? I've been wanting to work for this company for a long time.
No I haven't really worked with recruiters. One contacted me about a job in the LA area but must have thought I had more experience than I did (a really common theme for me). At the end of the conversation she basically gave me the :camby:. I also have gotten a few others reaching out through LinkedIn but the job was asking for more experience so I had to decline. I've got emails from Indian recruiters but there just flooding people's inboxes.