IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Damn thanks brehs, ya'll have already been really helpful. To answer the question above, I don't have much IT experience at all. So I'm working on getting these certs so I can find a point of entry to gain some experience.

I bought a A+ Udemy course that I've been going through, and once I'm through with that I'll go for my Network+. I'm setting up long term goals and taking them step by step while frequenting the thread.

I'm gonna try to grab a hold of some practice test and mess around with some old computers I have around the house while I study the hardware part of A+. Thanks fam, I will be coming back to post progress or if I somehow have a question or two.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
fc43a42c-2924-4e0c-9b94-110cd0740f15-large.jpeg
this good or bad? sorry have no idea how to read it.

bucks3115

Superstar
Daps
I'm a Sr System Administrator right now, need to find a way to break into the six figures asap

Any ideas?

I want to go into System Engineering but once you get in there, people don't leave!

which course u shuld do for dat
i hear its mcsa and what else ?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm a Sr System Administrator right now, need to find a way to break into the six figures asap

Any ideas?

I want to go into System Engineering but once you get in there, people don't leave!
Brehs, what the difference between as System Administrator & a system engineer?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Brehs, what the difference between as System Administrator & a system engineer?

Once again titles can be very misleading because they tend to vary company to company, but typically a System Admin manages a system where as a System Engineer is the one who designs and builds the system.

That's where I'm sorta confused, what's the difference between the Network/System architect & a Engineer?

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
That's where I'm sorta confused, what's the difference I thought the Network/System architect & a Engineer?

I can't speak on other industries but at least in IT, titles vary from company to company. A company can have a System/Network Engineer who does both designing, building, and managing and another company can have a separate individual for each of those duties. My company for example has System Engineers and System Admins but only have Network Engineers.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Have a 45 minute technical interview coming up in a couple weeks. Getting the job would change my life because I'd have to move to Cali.

I don't really want to move, but I heard about this job years ago and told myself I'd go anywhere for it.

The recruiter sent me a PDF with interview tips and I have a chat with her coming up before the interview. I'm gonna study my ass off, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Have a 45 minute technical interview coming up in a couple weeks. Getting the job would change my life because I'd have to move to Cali.

I don't really want to move, but I heard about this job years ago and told myself I'd go anywhere for it.

The recruiter sent me a PDF with interview tips and I have a chat with her coming up before the interview. I'm gonna study my ass off, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much.
I wish you great result from your interview, breh.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Man, I am still waiting for this internal interview result. I would be doing cloud security analytic for aws and other 3rd party clouds. This would open hella doors for me:mjcry:.

Saw a job posted, emailed the manager...told me it was filled but he will interview for another position the next day.
Interviewed with dude and two other security analyst
sent thank you not and had my current boss send a letter of recommendation :sadcam:.