IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
How far along are you? Got a panel interview coming up...How was yours?

I'm my 5th week, panel interview they ask a couple questions to a group of you guys, they ask about why do you want to get into IT, have u faced any adversity, any tech trends you have been following. DO NOT ACT ARROGANT and you'll be fine.

Ace2306

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm my 5th week, panel interview they ask a couple questions to a group of you guys, they ask about why do you want to get into IT, have u faced any adversity, any tech trends you have been following. DO NOT ACT ARROGANT and you'll be fine.

You in the IT support class? What are the classes like?

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
I'm in the A+ class, my professor cool, a lot of hands on experience...quizzes every monday and 4-5 chapters a week...you take it serious you should be good.

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just dropped out of college give me any and everything needed to get some money in this I'm ready to learn

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Just dropped out of college give me any and everything needed to get some money in this I'm ready to learn
Take yourself back to school and change your major to Computer Information Systems. You'll only need a couple more years of courses and won't need to get certs. You'll already have a network of professors and classmates in place so you won't have to start from scratch.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Both, All windows versions, we have Linux and Macs OS running on vm ware. ..

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm ready to learn where do i start, I'm honesty just tryna get this going cus it aint shyt in philly and college aint work out so i dropped out

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I'm ready to learn where do i start, I'm honesty just tryna get this going cus it aint shyt in philly and college aint work out so i dropped out
If you know basic computer shyt, I would go for the ccna. It's two test so start with the icnd1 portion.

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
Sitting here at work thinking about how I literally have nothing to do for the next three months and bought a kit for my CCNA R&S. It's about that time. I'm on a term break with my school and its time to earn this 5th cert. Anyone ever taken it? Or the CCNA-S becuase I plan on going for that next fall.