IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like the ACL's are restricting traffic between the subnets...may be at the network level and not on aws. Also the inter-vlan config may need to be looked into. Are you in a work environment or lab?

This was a lab.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
Do you guys ever change the titles of the positions you've held on your resume to make them sound more appealing?

Like changing "assistant" to "analyst" or "engineer".

I had a prior position that was titled assistant but the tasks I performes were the tasks an IT analyst would do....and I feel like the "assistant" word in the position makes it seem like I wasn't an independent contributor...when I was

Daps
Do you guys ever change the titles of the positions you've held on your resume to make them sound more appealing?

Like changing "assistant" to "analyst" or "engineer".

I had a prior position that was titled assistant but the tasks I performes were the tasks an IT analyst would do....and I feel like the "assistant" word in the position makes it seem like I wasn't an independent contributor...when I was
dont do this. Just explain in your resume what the role actually was. people dont give much weight to titles in IT. But when HR is checking up on you and they see you lied thats an instant way to get canned or dropped from the interview process.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
I hate this damn company :rudy:. Spin off from my tlr thread that flopped

At the call center i work at one of the trainers asked for some more headphones for his new hire class. I didnt have any in my office so I go to the tech closet to find some...

And i notice like 6 seconds later that in the back of my closet is some fat white bytch pumping her breasts. :hhh:

I walk out that bytch lowkey like:merchant:. And one of my fellow coworkers noticed:

Coworker: Damn you look like you saw a ghost:dwillhuh:

Me: this chick was pumping her breasts at the back of my closet:gucci:.

Coworker: want me to go in there for you and get what you need?:ld:

Me: sure i just need 3 headsets right to the right of the door.

I figure theyre both women, women breast pump in restrooms amongst eachother. She goes in there and gets them quickly. I give them to the class, shyt is done...

The next day a HR lady, and my lazy ass supervisor who no one likes comes in my office and reprimands me for it. Mf went in on me and my supervisor didnt even have my back. Acting like i was being malicious

THE bytch WAS IN MY DAMN TECH CLOSET:mindblown:

Me: I apologize, won't happen again.

HR bytch: What possessed you to let her go in while another lady was breast pumping?

Me: i have no experience with breast pumping and it's the tech closet not the breast pump closet.:ehh: i figure she would feel more comfortable with another women in there instead of me.

bytch had no rebuttal and was just:upsetfavre:and my supervisor said some bullshyt which was just

And then he said people have been fired for less.

I wanted to get up and knock that nikka the fukk out but i was just.:mjgrin: i apologized and mfs were still grilling me like i was trying to catch a peek or some shyt.

Yall put this fat cac bytch in my closet and threaten to fire me because her bytch ass couldnt use the womens rest room?

And the kicker about the HR lady is that she referred to HR (all three of their names begin with K) as the KKK to a past training class that was half black and they were of course like:hhh:. One of them quit RIGHT AFTER that. I could end tf outta that bytches tenure there. This basically confirmed imma get a better paying gig and dip by the end of the month.

I got something for her about this shyt tho.:steviej:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I hate this damn company :rudy:. Spin off from my tlr thread that flopped

At the call center i work at one of the trainers asked for some more headphones for his new hire class. I didnt have any in my office so I go to the tech closet to find some...

And i notice like 6 seconds later that in the back of my closet is some fat white bytch pumping her breasts. :hhh:

I walk out that bytch lowkey like:merchant:. And one of my fellow coworkers noticed:

Coworker: Damn you look like you saw a ghost:dwillhuh:

Me: this chick was pumping her breasts at the back of my closet:gucci:.

Coworker: want me to go in there for you and get what you need?:ld:

Me: sure i just need 3 headsets right to the right of the door.

I figure theyre both women, women breast pump in restrooms amongst eachother. She goes in there and gets them quickly. I give them to the class, shyt is done...

The next day a HR lady, and my lazy ass supervisor who no one likes comes in my office and reprimands me for it. Mf went in on me and my supervisor didnt even have my back. Acting like i was being malicious

THE bytch WAS IN MY DAMN TECH CLOSET:mindblown:

Me: I apologize, won't happen again.

HR bytch: What possessed you to let her go in while another lady was breast pumping?

Me: i have no experience with breast pumping and it's the tech closet not the breast pump closet.:ehh: i figure she would feel more comfortable with another women in there instead of me.

bytch had no rebuttal and was just:upsetfavre:and my supervisor said some bullshyt which was just

And then he said people have been fired for less.

I wanted to get up and knock that nikka the fukk out but i was just.:mjgrin: i apologized and mfs were still grilling me like i was trying to catch a peek or some shyt.

Yall put this fat cac bytch in my closet and threaten to fire me because her bytch ass couldnt use the womens rest room?

And the kicker about the HR lady is that she referred to HR (all three of their names begin with K) as the KKK to a past training class that was half black and they were of course like:hhh:. One of them quit RIGHT AFTER that. I could end tf outta that bytches tenure there. This basically confirmed imma get a better paying gig and dip by the end of the month.

I got something for her about this shyt tho.:steviej:

That place seems to lack a lot of professionalism. They also seem heavy on the :mjpls:

Last edited:

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Hows the experience been? U guys take the exam there? After the tabe test do u start right away?

Yes u take the exam

You take tabe test, then u get a 1 on 1 interview then you get get your paper work then a panel interview and it's like a two day wait if you're accepted. 1st week is mainly orientation...2nd week is class. ...

I'm enjoying the ride met some good ppl here, have to swallow my pride for 3 months but I believe this will make me a better person and a solid income to feed my 4foot soldiers.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Hows the experience been with Per Scholas? U guys take the exam there? After the tabe test do u start right away?

Yes u take the exam

You take tabe test, then u get a 1 on 1 interview then you get get your paper work then a panel interview and it's like a two day wait if you're accepted. 1st week is mainly orientation...2nd week is class. ...

I'm enjoying the ride met some good ppl here, have to swallow my pride for 3 months but I believe this will make me a better person and a solid income to feed my 4foot soldiers.

I went to my local Per Scholas Info Session & took the TABE Test this past Tuesday. I got the email the next day saying I've been invited to the 1 on 1 interview. What happens in the 1-on-1 interview? What kind of question do they ask you?

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
I went to my local Per Scholas Info Session & took the TABE Test this past Tuesday. I got the email the next day saying I've been invited to the 1 on 1 interview. What happens in the 1-on-1 interview? What kind of question do they ask you?

About you, why do u want to be there, are you ready for the challenge...basically if you really hungry. Also get a typing test. Doesn't matter bcuz we have a dude that's paraplegic in there bustin ass.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
About you, why do u want to be there, are you ready for the challenge...basically if you really hungry. Also get a typing test. Doesn't matter bcuz we have a dude that's paraplegic in there bustin ass.
What's a typing test?

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
What's a typing test?

They put you on the computer and have you type what's on the screen to test accuracy and speed, shyt don't hold no weight, homie in class types 120 words per minute and he's average student.

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
New job is iffy so far. Good for the career so hoping it improves over time.

Ace2306

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They put you on the computer and have you type what's on the screen to test accuracy and speed, shyt don't hold no weight, homie in class types 120 words per minute and he's average student.

How far along are you? Got a panel interview coming up...How was yours?