IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
:lolbron:

I know the 3rd time u was looking like :gucci:

That's not even the half of it man. People literally call us for everything. Dude called me today and asked me what the number to Pizza Hut was.

Like nikka... you're sitting in front of a computer with internet access.
:hhh: fukk off my line

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
How often is that Mongo Course offered @Kitsch ?

I got a ton of stuff at work on top of a side project Im doing so i wont have time to put in real effort this summer. Im wondering if I could just do a UDEMY class to get the DBA cert but even then I think they only offer the cert a few times a year.

How much time did you put in for the class a week?

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
4 times a year? It might be more, I'm not too sure.

For the first few weeks, 2 hours or so. As the course progressed and the degree of difficulty of homework increased, I found myself spending 3 or 4 hours a week.

You think dedicating saturday mornings to this course is enough? I wanna be sure im digesting the info and Im not just burning through assignments. This is an intro course so I assume it shouldnt be tough especially for someone with relational DB knowledge?

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
You think dedicating saturday mornings to this course is enough?

If you're serious about it, yes.

I wanna be sure im digesting the info and Im not just burning through assignments. This is an intro course so I assume it shouldnt be tough especially for someone with relational DB knowledge?

It's introductory stuff, you should be fine. MongoDB isn't relational, it's a document store database but having relational database knowledge doesn't hurt.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
If you're serious about it, yes.

It's introductory stuff, you should be fine. MongoDB isn't relational, it's a document store database but having relational database knowledge doesn't hurt.

Gotcha. Last question, did you sit for any of the certs? Like I said I plan on doing the DBA cert at the end of this course.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I know what you mean. I went from a place where there was a policy, procedure and documentation to everything to a place where people think it's OK to reboot a server in the middle of the day and not notify anyone. It use to drive me mad that these things were not only done but people legit thought it was normal practice. I just take it as a learning experience on what not to do.
I would deadass get fired if I ever did some dumb shyt like that in the middle of the day without notifying anyone:scust:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I would deadass get fired if I ever did some dumb shyt like that in the middle of the day without notifying anyone:scust:

That should be the case everywhere. I've just set up alerts for myself so that when these things happen I'll know rather than waste time troubleshooting.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
My project was ahead of schedule. I was feeling myself at that point :takedat:

Boss: CZR, did you get my email?
Me: Yes sir, do you want to me fix it? :lupe:

Boss: No, just create a ticket and send it to the Ops team.

Me: Sure thing, chief :myman: just to confirm, you want me to create 1 ticket, right?

Boss: No, create a ticket for each instance :smugdraper:
Me: But that would take 2000+ tickets :hhh:
Boss: Better get started :smugbiden:

Me: :dame::what::martin::mjcry:

I almost walked smooth out that bihh.

#stillpayindues #certgang #wheremy6figsdoe

Edit: False alarm, brehs. Boss ran up on me after the 200th ticket talking bout "I was kidding"

200.gif

Last edited:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
You guys have any experience with Zendesk? How is it? We're thinking of migrating from slow ass Supportworks ticketing system to that