IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Wow thanks you breh. Gonna download this in the am. Do you or know someone that has any experience with using the labs on there?
I did a few of them: buffer overflow, some encryption stuff. I didn't get the time to get deeper into it. I believe there's some YouTube videos out there dealing with it though. Most of the instructions for the assignments I did were pretty clear.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I know what you mean. I went from a place where there was a policy, procedure and documentation to everything to a place where people think it's OK to reboot a server in the middle of the day and not notify anyone. It use to drive me mad that these things were not only done but people legit thought it was normal practice. I just take it as a learning experience on what not to do.
Breh the fukkery I see on a daily basis has me like :gucci: I see the bolded here too and Im like this is just nonsense. Im getting to the point where I just dont give a fukk :dead:

Today this guy goes

"Yo Golly we need this site to site vpn setup for this new site i dont have any IP details for their end but can you make it work? :wow:"

Me = :dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell:

Like in what world does any of that make sense?

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
Grabbed the new MCSE Productivity today
mynicca1.png
whew.png

Looking into the new Comptia CSA+ for end of the year. I've been in Cybersecurity managed services for a couple of years now, was mostly doing some Office 365 projects before that.

Any thoughts on the Comptia CSA+ ?

Let'S stop fukking around and get this money
ufdup.png

BlackDynamite310

All Star
Daps
Grabbed the new MCSE Productivity today
mynicca1.png
whew.png

Looking into the new Comptia CSA+ for end of the year. I've been in Cybersecurity managed services for a couple of years now, was mostly doing some Office 365 projects before that.

Any thoughts on the Comptia CSA+ ?

Let'S stop fukking around and get this money
ufdup.png
Would you suggest getting the security+ or the CSA+ How do you like working in cyber security?

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
Read up on it breh, depends on what you want to do.

According to Comptia, CSA is for an Analyst position and Security+ is more entry level. I don't know what weight CSA holds in the industry since it's brand new so I would say go for CASP if you can.

I work in security solution sales / managed services so it is pretty cool, we are introduced to new solutions all the times. Just a lot of pressure.

I might go for CASP, I need some guidance myself
yeshrug.png

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
Looking into the new Comptia CSA+ for end of the year.

According to Comptia, CSA is for an Analyst position and Security+ is more entry level. I don't know what weight CSA holds in the industry since it's brand new so I would say go for CASP if you can.

I might go for CASP, I need some guidance myself
yeshrug.png

Skip CSA. Throw CASP in the bushes.

CASP < Associate of ISC2 < CISSP

CASP says you should have 5 years XP. Just take the CISSP. It holds more weight and is DoD compliant.

Pair that with your MCSE and you should see $65/hr or more. :whoo:

Last edited:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
is it true you can skip the A+ and go straight for the security+ if you want? please be specific guys.

and if so that basically means you don't need any IT work related experience to take the security+ right?

im still in NY and just gotta start moving. I wanna go to ATL but having shyt in order. I know you anybody can eat in ATL in everyway possible, its the mecca but i cant expect to be making below $20 and to be stunting.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
is it true you can skip the A+ and go straight for the security+ if you want? please be specific guys.

and if so that basically means you don't need any IT work related experience to take the security+ right?

im still in NY and just gotta start moving. I wanna go to ATL but having shyt in order. I know you anybody can eat in ATL in everyway possible, its the mecca but i cant expect to be making below $20 and to be stunting.
You can skip the A+ but I would take the Network+ before Security+.