IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Doing the same..went through the vids once already and im going through them again now. ...its not even hard it really is just knowing what service does what and when to use it.

Exactly know what certain services are for and when to use them and another set of acronyms to remember

When are you going to sit for the exam?

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
acloud.guru

I bought the class off of udemy for $10 (sale is going on right now by the way). You can show cloud gurus the receipt and you can use their site (which i think adds some practice tests and has a better interface to me)

I'll prob use this class and the actual amazon white papers to take the test
I'm going with Linux academy since I've got a 3 month trial. I figure that I can hammer out these next 6 weeks then be ready to sit for the exam no later than the end of may or early June

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Am I the only breh here in help desk? :shaq2:
I'm just about to leave after a year and some change, keep the faith :lawd:

If your current help desk gig aint giving you an avenue to work in something better...get the fukk out and find something that will at least let you *work* on something besides rote tier 1 call taking.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
These freelance sites are shyt:martin:. I'm gonna have to get some cards made and start passing them hoes out
Scratch what I said here, getting a ton of hits on Thumbtack and been seeing a lot of commercials for it.

I need to learn how to do laptop/tablet/iphone screen repair. Them shyts come through a lot.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know everyone here has their mind set on working for a man and getting that rat race 9-to-5 thing going. But has anyone here ever considered trying to make money independently? I'm thinking about it. Those freelance websites are difficult since you're competing against coders from 3rd world countries. And that iphone/windows app stores are oversaturated to all hell. Think I missed the boat on that gold mine.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I know everyone here has their mind set on working for a man and getting that rat race 9-to-5 thing going. But has anyone here ever considered trying to make money independently? I'm thinking about it. Those freelance websites are difficult since you're competing against coders from 3rd world countries. And that iphone/windows app stores are oversaturated to all hell. Think I missed the boat on that gold mine.
Well the thing for me is that I don't mind working for someone else while I put the money generated from that into asset classes that generate money on their own. Going the independent route still means you have to put a lot of time in to get paid, even if you're your own boss. I heard it put well in a book I read; owning a small business means you own a job - if you stop working you stop making money. So I guess to answer your question, nah freelancing isn't for me.