IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I get turned down by almost every internship I apply to despite my experience.

I've only been on a interview for one :francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
At least 2 a day and I started back in October 2016. I don't get it either I posted my resume on reddit in the IT subbreddit and a few dudes said it looked great :francis:

2 Aint enough. I probably submitted 10-15 a day a month just to land 3-4 interviews in a 2-3 month span of applying and keep in mind at the time I had 4+ yrs experience (I`ll be at 5 years after this summer). I believe you are just a college student right? It gets much easier once you have a legit resume with experience. Some times you gotta apply to everything you see even if you dont think you are qualified. I landed my first job applying for one job and the recruiter recommended me apply for another one that he felt I was a better fit for.

How long before you are done with school?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
2 Aint enough. I probably submitted 10-15 a day a month just to land 3-4 interviews in a 2-3 month span of applying and keep in mind at the time I had 4+ yrs experience (I`ll be at 5 years after this summer). I believe you are just a college student right? It gets much easier once you have a legit resume with experience. Some times you gotta apply to everything you see even if you dont think you are qualified. I landed my first job applying for one job and the recruiter recommended me apply for another one that he felt I was a better fit for.

How long before you are done with school?

I have about an year left. I started doing IT work for the college I go to plus I have some pass internship experience working with my pops

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I have about an year left. I started doing IT work for the college I go to plus I have some pass internship experience working with my pops

As in you are in your final year, or like after this semester you are in your final semester? what city you in? Probably to start get ready for the real world during your last yr/semester I`d be applying to a ton of Recent Grad development programs, I know ATT has one, Microsoft has one (they typically only target kids from select schools), and EMC has one too.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
As in you are in your final year, or like after this semester you are in your final semester? what city you in? Probably to start get ready for the real world during your last yr/semester I`d be applying to a ton of Recent Grad development programs, I know ATT has one, Microsoft has one (they typically only target kids from select schools), and EMC has one too.

I have about two semesters left, Im in the DMV area btw. The internship would meet one of the requirements for me to graduate, sort of like a capstone project. Most internships mention that crap about not sponsoring candidates (Im an international student and Im authorized to work in the USA) tbt, I just want to make some money and meet the requirements for graduation :yeshrug:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I have about two semesters left, Im in the DMV area btw. The internship would meet one of the requirements for me to graduate, sort of like a capstone project. Most internships mention that crap about not sponsoring candidates (Im an international student and Im authorized to work in the USA) tbt, I just want to make some money and meet the requirements for graduation :yeshrug:
ah gotcha. Surprised the school doesnt have some type of system for placing people into internships being that its a graduation requirement.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That's the MACH hire program at MS.

Microsoft Careers: MACH program

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Should I hit up a recruiter ?

I assume you have linkedin right? I used to literally spend most my time adding recruiters on there and hitting them up about jobs I applied for. Also do a linkedin premium free trial if you havent done it before, they tend to show you where you rank in the % of applicants and if you need to apply.

Also worst case throw your resume on Dice. You`ll probably be hit up by a ton of Indian recruiters who just matched key words to find your resume, but you may be able to land something short term that gets the job done for what you want to do.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I assume you have linkedin right? I used to literally spend most my time adding recruiters on there and hitting them up about jobs I applied for. Also do a linkedin premium free trial if you havent done it before, they tend to show you where you rank in the % of applicants and if you need to apply.

Also worst case throw your resume on Dice. You`ll probably be hit up by a ton of Indian recruiters who just matched key words to find your resume, but you may be able to land something short term that gets the job done for what you want to do.

Nah, I am not a fan of social media