IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Rymas

Superstar
Daps
I work at a financial institution and I manage the operational end for a few applications. It's a mixture of being a Sys Admin, a Dev, and a business user. These applications specifically handle massive amounts of data, integrate with many different systems, and have a mixture of JMS/JAX WS/ETL components. The users of these applications are data stewards.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
All I have is A+. My path is systems admin, I guess. It's what I'm doing at my job now.

:huhldup:

I'm about to start a consultant biz as a side hustle. Wish me luck in 2017 brehs, I hope everyone here aspires to what they want to do

Good luck breh. The money is there you just gotta have a lot of connections with the right people. What type of consulting you planning to do?

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:huhldup:

Good luck breh. The money is there you just gotta have a lot of connections with the right people. What type of consulting you planning to do?
Preciate it breh, for now I'd like to provide basic networking, virtualization, server infrastructure. I'm sure starting out it'all be heavy in desktop/MSP Helpdesk

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My cousin said that and IASA opened up a lot of doors for him.

Career wise I originally wanted to eventually get to the role of a Business Architect but I'm thinking because of my creative nature and the overall flexibility of the field that Product Management may be the better route.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Starting next week. I tried to get relocation but no dice since I'm literally moving 70-80 miles up north. They won't even pay for temporary housing. :francis:

But all good. Some companies don't do that unless you are going across country or something.

Daps
Reppin
MD
Starting next week. I tried to get relocation but no dice since I'm literally moving 70-80 miles up north. They won't even pay for temporary housing. :francis:

But all good. Some companies don't do that unless you are going across country or something.
I
think you can get a tax write off if you're moving more than 50 miles for work.