IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
For brehs working on A+

Professor Messer just released a book with over 700 questions for A+ 901 exam. Amazon shows the first 223 questions. When you open the page below click on the book cover.

Why is it that i cannot find any jobs that ask for an A+ that also don't ask for other IT experience?

swerve

All Star
Daps
Why is it that i cannot find any jobs that ask for an A+ that also don't ask for other IT experience?
I was responsible for a trainee program for youth who wanted to work with IT but had no real experience, some had A+ already and if not the company paid for their A+ cert if accepted.

To be honest when someone showed up with an A+ cert and no real life work experience I would almost always :francis: Applicants got accepted mostly on their attitude and ambitions, and not on skills or experience. We had some laid back discussions when they came in for the interview so I could see on what level they were without them feeling nervous. Sometimes those with A+ acted like they were the shyt even though they hadn't accomplished anything. Certs are good if you can connect them to your skill set and experience.

This is only from my point of view though and I am not passing it on like it is facts. Sheeeit I dont even have A+ I went straight to ITIL and Prince2 when I got the opportunity to go after certs.
Certs are only theoretical and doesn't show how well you solve real life practical problems. I have some technical project management experience but if someone asked me to describe all the stages and principles of PRiNCE2 I wouldn't be able to. But I have the cert which mean I could describe them at one point.

It's not answering your questions though but the reason why many want more than an A+ because they don't want a person who studied for the cert and don't know much else.
The jobs you are looking at though, what are they usually asking for on top of the A+?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
2 Security interviews later today.

On youtube now studying & jotting down notes on everything they put in the description:lolbron:

Silkk

Daps
@Mainevent_7 @bdizzle

Know a site where i can practice/test out

McAfee VirusSca Enterprise
Host Intrusion Prevention
Siteadvisor enterprise
Tenable
Nessus
ArcSight

???

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@Mainevent_7 @bdizzle

Know a site where i can practice/test out

McAfee VirusSca Enterprise
Host Intrusion Prevention
Siteadvisor enterprise
Tenable
Nessus
ArcSight

???

Breh, did you even google the stuff on that list :francis:

Tenable is made by Nessus and Nessus is free. The rest you get from Torrents. Download and play with it breh, there's no shortcuts in security

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Life is good, there is so much money out here to be made. I'm trying to get out of the non technical stuff like creating risk assessments, SSP and vulnerability analysis and get into a technical security role.

I might need to talk to you about a job since IPS, IDS, firewall and AD is what I'm looking to get into.

The next one to get would be the security+ but if you feel confident in your knowledge skip that and go for the CEH or CISSP. I've herd the OSCP is super tough and super expensive.

Are you trying to learn AD security or just AD in general? If you're gonna go down the AD route, you'll probably have to get very familiar with AD FS, ADAM/AD LDS, and AD CS too.

Silkk

Daps
DL and install in a VM. Watching YouTube videos probably won't cut it (I'm assuming you're learning this for a potential gig)
I'm at work breh, phone interviews in a few hours

Silkk

Daps
Go head and take that L now breh, I doubt you'll be able to cram all that shyt in a couple hours :russ: :dead:
Wanna bet? :usure:

SHR03911.jpg

Done this plenty times: :ahh:

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
Anyone ever take the CCNA or CCNA Security certification exam? Taking the CCNA and the CCNA security right after that very soon and read somewhere that the first time failure rate is 95%. :francis:

Daps
Anyone ever take the CCNA or CCNA Security certification exam? Taking the CCNA and the CCNA security right after that very soon and read somewhere that the first time failure rate is 95%. :francis:
CCNA Security was easy as fukk. Definitely take that after. Or wait a year then take it that way you have longer to renew it down the line.