IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Ceazy

Atlanta to LA living
Daps
Reppin
Winning
Been bsing but finally about to finish studying for the A+ I see the helpdesk jobs ask or experience whats a realistic first job to go get brehs leaving my banking job for IT my degree is in MIS but been working in banking since college

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Anyone ever take the CCNA or CCNA Security certification exam? Taking the CCNA and the CCNA security right after that very soon and read somewhere that the first time failure rate is 95%. :francis:

CCNA Security was easy, but I've been working with Cisco equipment and been in security forever.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
CCNA Security was easy, but I've been working with Cisco equipment and been in security forever.

Over on techexams, some are saying that they updated the exam and that the new study materials (Cisco Press, INE, and CBT Nuggets) are garbage.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Over on techexams, some are saying that they updated the exam and that the new study materials (Cisco Press, INE, and CBT Nuggets) are garbage.

When I tok it they had just updated the exam as well, but like I mentioned earlier, I have lots of security and Cisco experience so my experience is different than most.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
When I tok it they had just updated the exam as well, but like I mentioned earlier, I have lots of security and Cisco experience so my experience is different than most.

You still see a lot of ASAs in the places you work? I'm seeing a lot more Checkpoint, Juniper, and Palo Alto (which are nice) firewalls in a lot places.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You still see a lot of ASAs in the places you work? I'm seeing a lot more Checkpoint, Juniper, and Palo Alto (which are nice) firewalls in a lot places.

Yeah I see a lot of ASA's but that's because I have ASA experience and those are the recruiters who hit me up. I've worked places that had both ASA's (VPN) and checkpoint (fw)

I haven't run into any juniper security appliances though.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Last domain brehs :blessed:

Definitely gotta go back over application security & cryptography tho.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@bdizzle @Mainevent_7

Yall ever used Actualtests.com's practice test?

Got a coworker who swears by it but i was under the impression it was a brain dump site

It is a brain dump site. Don't use it.

At this stage of your career, don't take any shortcuts. The shyt you'll learn on these exams is what will get you to the higher paying positions in a few years.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Its crazy to me how similar the CISSP stuff is to the Security+. I was expecting WAY more depth.

Wish i would've started this as soon as i got my Security+

Yeah, it's almost 90% exactly the same, which is why I tell dudes to go for the CISSP instead of the Sec+ if they qualify.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It is a brain dump site. Don't use it.

At this stage of your career, don't take any shortcuts. The shyt you'll learn on these exams is what will get you to the higher paying positions in a few years.
Gotcha, screenshots had me thinking about it because of the number of questions and the way the test engine is set up.

Site i used to practice my CompTIAs doesn't have any Cissp practice tests

Spin

All Star
Daps
Its crazy to me how similar the CISSP stuff is to the Security+. I was expecting WAY more depth.

Wish i would've started this as soon as i got my Security+

Yeah, it's almost 90% exactly the same, which is why I tell dudes to go for the CISSP instead of the Sec+ if they qualify.

Either of you watch Mr Robot? On the latest episode if I understand it correct it looks like he used putty to remote connect into own system to use Kali Linux. Not sure if he went on IRC from there though :jbhmm:.

Can't wait to finish this CCNA stuff so I can start doing more Security related stuff.