IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

DAlbert

All Star
Daps
:smugfavre: :salute: :myman: How was the exam?
901 had me sweating a little (took it last month), but 902 wasn't as hard as I thought. I definitely agree with others it's more about understanding Windows OS, and not just remembering a bunch of shyt like you had to for 901. Halfway through the 902 this morning I knew I would pass it. Sims were way easier too than the ones I got on the 901.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
901 had me sweating a little (took it last month), but 902 wasn't as hard as I thought. I definitely agree with others it's more about understanding Windows OS, and not just remembering a bunch of shyt like you had to for 901. Halfway through the 902 this morning I knew I would pass it. Sims were way easier too than the ones I got on the 901.
How you did on that motherboard part?:mjpls:

swerve

All Star
Daps
Anyone in here working with Azure and Office365?
worked as a technical project manager where I touched on the technology, and they kept pushing me towards it, especially Office365, so I did that for the last four years:francis:

I moved into consultancy instead and first assignment was a huge Office365 project:mjcry:now I'm thinking if I should go all in on that shyt even though its not challenging and semi boring :francis:
Pays OK but shyt might sky rocket one day especially since everything's moving towards cloud and networking

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Questions brehs. I'm interested in long-term goal getting into a career as a data scientist. I have a Bachelors in Economics and next fall going to start my Masters in Statistics. The main thing I'm missing that I want to add in between the time before I start my Masters and during are learning some programs. I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I need to learn statistical software such as SAS, Python, and R. As well as somethings more CS focused like SQL and Java too if possible. Any recommendations on what type of things I can do online to learn those programs and is it possible to get some sort of certifications for learning those programs as proof you know them? Also would you recommend me just enrolling in some computer science courses at a local community college, if so which ones?

I'm currently taking a few courses on course.edx that go through data science, that can be used later to obtain a Microsoft Professional Degree in Data Science. Appreciate the help in advance brehs.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
MD
Questions brehs. I'm interested in long-term goal getting into a career as a data scientist. I have a Bachelors in Economics and next fall going to start my Masters in Statistics. The main thing I'm missing that I want to add in between the time before I start my Masters and during are learning some programs. I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I need to learn statistical software such as SAS, Python, and R. As well as somethings more CS focused like SQL and Java too if possible. Any recommendations on what type of things I can do online to learn those programs and is it possible to get some sort of certifications for learning those programs as proof you know them? Also would you recommend me just enrolling in some computer science courses at a local community college, if so which ones?

I'm currently taking a few courses on course.edx that go through data science, that can be used later to obtain a Microsoft Professional Degree in Data Science. Appreciate the help in advance brehs.
I did data analytics for 3 year and this website helped me alot. Check out the computer programming videos Video Tutorials - thenewboston

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
I did data analytics for 3 year and this website helped me alot. Check out the computer programming videos Video Tutorials - thenewboston

Preciate it breh :wow:

+rep.

What was your best method of displaying you knew certain programs? Just saying "hey I put this on my resume, which means I know how to do it" or actually getting some sort of certification or license to prove it.

Daps
Reppin
MD

+rep.

What was your best method of displaying you knew certain programs? Just saying "hey I put this on my resume, which means I know how to do it" or actually getting some sort of certification or license to prove it.
just putting it on my resume. Only certification I have is the security+. You can also use W3Schools Online Web Tutorials for PHP and SQL.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps

+rep.

If you're going into the programmer field, actually put up your programs and create a blog to show you know what you're talking about.