IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

kickz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anything more than a screening with HR and an in person is overkill imo

May have exaggerated but it went like;

HR screening
Speak on the phone with Senior Dev (He is out of state)
On campus interview with Management
followed by same day interview with fellow devs on the team
and finally a call from Senior dev a few days later explaining what onboarding would be like and that I most likely had the job in the bag

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

HR screening
and finally a call from Senior dev a few days later explaining what onboarding would be like and that I most likely had the job in the bag
Usually HR call is to make sure they can afford you, and make sure your resume aligns with job. if there is another Phone interview thats usually a screening to make sure you can actually do the job with someone who does or manages the job asking you the questions. The In person joints are usually to make sure you fit the culture and they actually "like you". Anything after that should be an offer/explaining the next steps.

But if you are having 3-4 ACTUAL interviews that are being held on different days that is too much.

kickz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Usually HR call is to make sure they can afford you, and make sure your resume aligns with job. if there is another Phone interview thats usually a screening to make sure you can actually do the job with someone who does or manages the job asking you the questions. The In person joints are usually to make sure you fit the culture and they actually "like you". Anything after that should be an offer/explaining the next steps.

But if you are having 3-4 ACTUAL interviews that are being held on different days that is too much.

I see what you are saying and the same day interviews with management and the other devs on the team were definitely about cultural fit, the only technical questions I got were from the Senior Dev in the second interview after HR screening

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Can someone drop a book on client server hookup? Just s walkthrough of how to do it? I'll buy it today.

Anyone with hangoits, can ya help me out?

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Gonna be coming into work Monday on some

tumblr_mfr9pvkzfM1ra53sgo1_500.gif

Sent figure in pm breh

:myman: hit me with the figure too Breh I could use some motivation right now

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
I asked on another forum and I'll ask here, fukk it... don't care

Using Virtualbox

Okay, I got two machines connected and joined to a domain, how do I get internet on my network from my HOST COMPUTER with wifi?

Server is 192.168.1.100
No default gateway
Loopback address 127.0.0.1

Client is 192.168.1.101
no default gateway
dns server is the SERVER IP address

I'm new at this sir so forgive me for being new.

I set the Network settings to Bridged adapter ALLOW VMS

I have a quick question, for internet access I need DNS and DHCP and Active Directory DS and Certificates right? I just wanna understand the basics...

thanks

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I asked on another forum and I'll ask here, fukk it... don't care

Using Virtualbox

Okay, I got two machines connected and joined to a domain, how do I get internet on my network from my HOST COMPUTER with wifi?

Server is 192.168.1.100
No default gateway
Loopback address 127.0.0.1

Client is 192.168.1.101
no default gateway
dns server is the SERVER IP address

I'm new at this sir so forgive me for being new.

I set the Network settings to Bridged adapter ALLOW VMS

I have a quick question, for internet access I need DNS and DHCP and Active Directory DS and Certificates right? I just wanna understand the basics...

thanks

Set the client and server DG to your real routers IP and that should get it online. Make sure to check your DNS on the client and server side or you won't get to any websites

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
Set the client and server DG to your real routers IP and that should get it online. Make sure to check your DNS on the client and server side or you won't get to any websites

You got hangouts? I'm doing it now.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

HR screening

fukk all that shyt. I hate the interview just cause its so damn time consuming. Thats why i like contracting so much

Get the offer and then show up like "I'm here, whats up:birdman:"

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
For my current job I had a HR screening, phone interview, then a 4 hour in person interview before I got an offer

:dwillhuh: What y'all talk about for 4 hours?

4 interviews sounds like something they do for a C-level position

Edit: I can't believe this was for a 70k salary :dead:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
7 hour telecom domain section :bryan:

Guess i better sign off and knock this shyt out while i got an off day. Lets Get It :birdman:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:dwillhuh: What y'all talk about for 4 hours?

i was only supposed to meet leader of the team and the 2 employees id be working the most with directly..for at most a hour and a half...instead i ran the gauntlet of the whole team plus a final conversation (face to face) with the head of HR..4 hours easy

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If its gonna motivate brehs I will post it here, I accepted offer yesterday for Software dev position for 70k:whew:

From broke nikka 2.5yrs ago studying for CCNA and working helpdesk to here brehs:win:
Congratulations!

How did you transition into software development?