IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
im thinking bout getting in nursing school which will take me 2-3 years to be a RN which gets around 60k alot more then what i make:ehh:.that same amount of time of doing IT certs and moving from job to job would i make more money in 3 years:jbhmm:
i have a asssociates degree btw:francis:

If you gonna be a Nurse don't do it for the money. I've seen numerous people washed out of Nursing programs because their heart isn't in it.

It's ok to do IT just for the money.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
If you gonna be a Nurse don't do it for the money. I've seen numerous people washed out of Nursing programs because their heart isn't in it.

It's ok to do IT just for the money.

nah breh you gotta like what you do for IT..its no different..and making good money in IT doesn't come quick either

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
nah breh you gotta like what you do for IT..its no different..and making good money in IT doesn't come quick either

Cant agree with you there

If you do no way you ever move up....Youll be stuck on help desk resetting passwords :scust:

Awful advice fam...you cant do this for the money. You'll get no where fast

Lol if yall say so I got a friend that's a Data Scientist he doesn't necessary love IT but he works hard and is smart so he makes good money.

I got friends at Georgia Tech that don't love what they study but they work hard and are smart so they are good at what they do.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Just wanted to say thanks to all the brehs that contribute to this IT forum on a daily basis:salute:, ya really gave me the motivation to chase this 6 figure lifestyle:takedat:

Out in Dallas TX right now for NFL training and it wouldnt be possible without hearing the multiple stories from ya :ufdup: salute!

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Just wanted to say thanks to all the brehs that contribute to this IT forum on a daily basis:salute:, ya really gave me the motivation to chase this 6 figure lifestyle:takedat:

Out in Dallas TX right now for NFL training and it wouldnt be possible without hearing the multiple stories from ya :ufdup: salute!
You in the NFL & do IT?:dwillhuh:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well, this sucks. My boss dropped a bomb on me today. He got a new job and he'll be gone in 2 weeks. When I first started, he made this big ass spreadsheet with a bunch of stuff I was gonna learn. And he said it was just the basics\the beginning. There was even talk of me having learning time on the clock. I've only been on the job since April and I missed a month because of jury duty.

This puts me in a strange position. I'm going to be the only support person in the NYC office until he gets replaced. How long is that gonna take? All the other more senior Ops people are DevOps engineers and in other countries. We have a video conference at 8pm* every Mondays and Wednesdays (i attend on Wednesdays) and everything they talk about is over my head.

My boss is a good guy and I wish him the best... but this sucks.

*Yes, this is outside of normal work hours for me

Daps
Reppin
MD
I've dealt with it variations of it for at least 5 years. Mobile security, firewalls, GPO, AD, Cloud security, etc
Nice. I just had a conversation with my boss letting him know I need more technical experience. How did you go about getting these different jobs and higher pay, I'm looking to get more technical in the security field but lack the job experience.