is vodun/voodoo the answer for black people?

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ya'll kno wmy position on this

AYIBOBOOOOO!!!!!!!! :blessed:

Worship white Jesus and Mohamed all you want. Vodou is the only religion that is undeniably ours and that the white man still fears enough to not even bother claiming/stealing.

Know your roots, f@ggots. Stop trying to be fukkin Egyptians and sh!t or traveling to Mecca. Get in line and head to Benin, clowns.
legba_veve1.jpg

true breh, but i noticed that they tried to white wash louisiana voodoo..

and dont get me started on how they are feenin to take hoodoo :snoop:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
true breh, but i noticed that they tried to white wash louisiana voodoo..

and dont get me started on how they are feenin to take hoodoo :snoop:
You are in a white country. They are bound to try and sync their teeth into sh!t when tey get bored. Why people worry so much about white people whitewashing is beyond me.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are in a white country. They are bound to try and sync their teeth into sh!t when tey get bored. Why people worry so much about white people whitewashing is beyond me.

its annoying when im doing research and coming across these cacs trying to say hoodoo has european influences, trying to minimize its african roots. its not gonna stop me from learning and researching, but it doesnt go unnoticed.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
its annoying when im doing research and coming across these cacs trying to say hoodoo has european influences, trying to minimize its african roots. its not gonna stop me from learning and researching, but it doesnt go unnoticed.
It does

Have you ever been t a voodoo ceremony? I have. Go to a voodoo ceremony and you'll see. They use many books. Among them: The holy bible.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It does

Have you ever been t a voodoo ceremony? I have. Go to a voodoo ceremony and you'll see. They use many books. Among them: The holy bible.

edit- i misread ur question. i know how the bible is used and that its a powerful tool in a lot of traditions.

doesnt make hoodoo less african. they were accusing a black author of being racist for affirming its african roots and she had to shut them down.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Educate yourself. Ignorance is not cool.

Christianity was founded by the Jews living in the Roman province Judeah some 2000 years ago. Last time I checked, ancient Jews looked nothing like Europeans.
No, "Christianity" was not founded then. At least not this official version we have.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Brings me back to my childhood growing up in Louisiana, apparently the lady right across the street from my grandmother practiced voodoo. Got damn she was creepy, every time we went outside we would see her peaking through the fukking blinds, she never came outside. I once kicked my ball over in her yard and I was afraid to get it, it turned up the next day in front of my grandmothers house flat. She got hers though, about a year or two after, her house burned down and she had to leave to go stay with some relatives. That voodoo shyt didn't kick in when she needed it the most. lol
What did she do wrong to "get hers"? Did she keep the ball from you?

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I don't think there is THE ANSWER meaning a singular answer for black folks. People work better under different paradigms. Can't change that and force them or try to shame them into your paradigm and way of thinking.

But to answer the op, I think Voodou/Vodun (not voodoo that's the shyt you see in the hollywood movies) is excellent for black folks. As well as many other black spiritual systems. Most people don't know about the mother system to Vodou which is called Ifa. But Ifa is a system in and of itself. Most black folks in the United States think voodou is black mysticism & sorcery. But most of Voodou/Vodun is actually herbology, ancestral reverence, communalism, and ceremonies. I'm actually fortunate enough to live down the block from a Ayitian bokor who has helped me with understanding Voodou. It's a lot floating around Florida. In voodou you have what's know as Lwa. In french it's Loi and it translate to Law in english. The lwa or Loa are principles that govern the universe. Some people personify these principles others don't. It's two perceptions but they're the same in practicality and function. Also Ifa the parent system to Voodou has been linked to the Ancient Kemetic systems Kemet has the mdu ntrs, Ifa the Orishas and Voodou/Vodun the Lwas.

Also a lot of Americans have been trying to fuse south asian spirituality into African practices & costumes. There isn't any chakras or c00n -duh- linis in IFA or Voodou. You won't see vodouisants sitting around all day trying to raise they're chakras. It's actually the opposite. Ifa/Voodou/Vodun ceremonies are very lively, loud, and energetic.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sacrificing/calling to devils with rituals and getting revenge/harming people with it. :usure:

That's like damning yourself in the hereafter:francis:
Revenging and harming people sounds a lot like Christianity, both in the way God tore through people in the Bible and the way Christians applied it in real life. And please tell me how you know who exactly is a devil?

Govana

Dancehall ah mi everyting
Daps
It's always funny and saddening to see black people so quick to hate and call the practices of our ancestors "satanic". And immediately after this, they cling tight to religion given to them by their slave master

It shows how successful white people have been at brainwashing us; and it shows that deep down that these black people believe their ancestors were uncivilized, and deep down they are actually glad that massa 'civilized us' and gave us Christianity.

It's funny how, right after talking down on their ancestors practices, they go in another thread to talk about "how white people are the devil" , or "how white people are the problem in the world". They remember how whites raped, murdered, and tortured our ancestors for entertainment.......But they are still quick to cling to the religion white people gave them.

They are quick to forget that, when white people set out to brainwash and control the African slaves, it was the SAME RELIGION that they gave them. When whites wouldn't let them read books to get smarter, They still insisted on teaching the bible!

If this religion was meant to liberate your mind, body, or soul; then why was it given to you by the same person who wanted to control you?

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
What did she do wrong to "get hers"? Did she keep the ball from you?
Stuck a hole in it, found it in front of the house the next day. I remember a lot of fuked up shyt living down there, thinking about that gave me flashbacks.