Is tonight the night? Pistons losing streak watch thread (Update: tonight was the night!)

Does the streak end tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 85.0%

• Total voters

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Even though they lost, this was one of the Pistons best games I've seen.
Ivey was balling tonight. He's figuring some things out and is constantly trying to get downhill now. He earned his spot in the starting rotation and hopefully Monty starts to figure out more ways to get him going. They also finally put Bojan at the 4. The team doesn't have enough shooting to have him out there with two bigs.
Bojan played the 4 tonight cause horford is an old stiff. He can’t play the 4 night in and night out.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Bojan played the 4 tonight cause horford is an old stiff. He can’t play the 4 night in and night out.
Why not? Wings blow by him on defense. He seems better suited defending 4s and it provides the Pistons with better spacing on offense.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cade was less aggressive in the 2nd half. celts made adjustments but he also was chilling a bit too much. It is what it is can't get too mad at him. French point guards are f****** trash man straight up

Daps
@Squirrel from Meteor Man the thread title reminded me of this monologue from Game 5 of the 91 Finals

Here's my adaptation:

If the Detroit Pistons clinch their first victory in two months tonight, as some expect, the easy and obvious impulse would be to call it a triumph for Cade Cunningham and his teammates, which it certainly would be. But that's not the whole story. You see, if tonight is the night, it will also belong to the franchise—a working development over the last 15 years, in particular to the Pistons of the 70s, 80s, and early 2000s who embodied the spirit of their feisty city.

Tonight would be for Dave Bing and for Bob Lanier, who struggled mightily but could never quite match up with the dominant teams of their era.

Tonight would be for a pair of street fighters who may have been the best backcourt in NBA history: Joe Dumars and Isiah Thomas. Do you think they're proud to see the current Pistons continue to claw and fight for victories?

Tonight would also be for the sterling pair of forwards and scoring threats, Rasheed Wallace, now a podcaster in California, and Tayshaun Prince, a basketball executive in Memphis. Do you think they'll be watching tonight?

These Pistons of yesteryear played in both the Western and Eastern Conferences, where despite their grit, there were multiple teams they couldn't seem to beat—teams that knocked them out of the playoffs in consecutive years.

Yes, it has taken a while, but if tonight is the night, those old Pistons will enjoy a measure of satisfaction as well.

@djthegreat88
@WMG the 2nd
@IrateMastermind
@wire28
@eastside313
@LordLyons
@dh86
@NormanConnors
@manyfaces
@Methodical
@MercuryHayes
@x-factor7
@djthegreat88
@Elephant Emoji
@douche
@DetroitEWarren
@winb83
@Detroit Wave
@bigrodthe1
@FukkaPaidEmail
@valet
@Dem313wayz
@SCJoe

This shyt sent me down a youtube rabbit hole leading to me to those Shaq/Kobe Lakers teams... I wish I could go back and time and really tell myself to appreciate what I was seeing because I never did like I do now when it comes to sports

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this (there are several Pistons threads right now), but one of the big Pistons mistakes was blowing the 2020 draft.
It seems like they went all in on that draft and missed on some really good players.

Pick #7 - drafted Killian Hayes
Pick #16 - drafted Isaiah Stewart (traded Christian Wood to get this pick)
Pick #19 - drafted Saddiq Bey (traded Bruce Brown, Luke Kennard amongst other things)

Can't trade so many solid veterans and then miss on these picks. Stewart seems to be a solid role player and they used Bey to get James Wiseman (also part of the 2020 draft), but Hayes is terrible and this is his 4th year and he looks like a rookie out there.

They missed on Haliburton, Vassell, Tyrese Maxey, Quickley, Desmond Bane.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
The streak is gonna reach 40 games, and they will beat the Hornets to break the losing streak.