Is tonight the night? Pistons losing streak watch thread (Update: tonight was the night!)

Does the streak end tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 85.0%

• Total voters

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this (there are several Pistons threads right now), but one of the big Pistons mistakes was blowing the 2020 draft.
It seems like they went all in on that draft and missed on some really good players.

Pick #7 - drafted Killian Hayes
Pick #16 - drafted Isaiah Stewart (traded Christian Wood to get this pick)
Pick #19 - drafted Saddiq Bey (traded Bruce Brown, Luke Kennard amongst other things)

Can't trade so many solid veterans and then miss on these picks. Stewart seems to be a solid role player and they used Bey to get James Wiseman (also part of the 2020 draft), but Hayes is terrible and this is his 4th year and he looks like a rookie out there.

They missed on Haliburton, Vassell, Tyrese Maxey, Quickley, Desmond Bane.
With the exception of Bruce Brown, trading those players wasn't the issue. Kennard was up for a contract and they weren't gonna pay him almost 20 mil for what he was. Christian Wood had talent, but based on every stop he's made since, he quickly seems to become a player most teams don't want to keep around. But your right, a big issue is the limited eye for talent and roster fit that Weaver has. Players drafted later have consistently just ended up flat out better than his picks. All of his reclamation projects are duds, and when he does make trades he loses every one, with the exception of probably Duren. Plus when he does sign free agents they're just salary fillers with no real intention of improving the roster. With all the cap space they've had over the years he's never in play as a third team that can take on salary dumps to make a trade with while taking on additional draft picks like good gms like Presti do. There's no vision or creativity, and unfortunately there also doesn't seem to be any jeapordy of losing his job either.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Playoff Al owns Playoff Embiid.🤷🏽‍♂️
This year will be different. Al Horford has not looked great. Embiid looks better than ever and seems to have finally figured out his shot selection issues. I don’t even like that mfer Embiid, and I’ve thought for years that he was a foul merchant, but he’s moving like the best or second best player in the league right now. Al Horford can’t move his feet anymore. And Philly has Nick Nurse now who is one of the best playoff tacticians in the league. Good luck fam. Boston gonna need to trade for a situational big man for the playoffs.

I actually think Boston has a better chance of beating Milwaukee because Dame, if Mazzula is smart, will get targeted over and over by Jrue or they’ll try to get Tatum and Brown against Dame on switches. But I don’t see Boston as currently constructed getting past Philly. Embiid is gonna be a problem and Philly has the defensive personnel to slow down Boston’s wings.

If I’m wrong I’ll be happy to say I’m wrong. But I don’t think I will be.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This year will be different. Al Horford has not looked great. Embiid looks better than ever and seems to have finally figured out his shot selection issues. I don’t even like that mfer Embiid, and I’ve thought for years that he was a foul merchant, but he’s moving like the best or second best player in the league right now. Al Horford can’t move his feet anymore. And Philly has Nick Nurse now who is one of the best playoff tacticians in the league. Good luck fam. Boston gonna need to trade for a situational big man for the playoffs.

I actually think Boston has a better chance of beating Milwaukee because Dame, if Mazzula is smart, will get targeted over and over by Jrue or they’ll try to get Tatum and Brown against Dame on switches. But I don’t see Boston as currently constructed getting past Philly. Embiid is gonna be a problem and Philly has the defensive personnel to slow down Boston’s wings.

Horford just had Embiid in a straight jacket when we played them last month :dahell:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Horford just had Embiid in a straight jacket when we played them last month :dahell:
One game is not a seven game playoff series. We see this all the time where so and so has someone else’s number in the regular season and that means nothing in the playoffs when you’re being game planned for. Again, if I’m wrong, feel free to up the thread or the post or whatever in May.

Boston not gonna be able to guard Philly in a seven game playoff series with Nick Nurse coaching.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

This literally happened a month ago where Horford defended Embiid very well in addition to scoring buckets on him. What the hell are you talking about?

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This literally happened a month ago where Horford defended Embiid very well in addition to scoring buckets on him. What the hell are you talking about?

Truthfully I didn’t see that game nor was I aware of it. My opinion is still the same.

Up the thread in May.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Just watched the video. Horford did indeed play his ass off that game. Dominated on both ends it looks like. But how old is he again? You expecting to get this effort how many times in a playoff run?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Just watched the video. Horford did indeed play his ass off that game. Dominated on both ends it looks like. But how old is he again? You expecting to get this effort how many times in a playoff run?

Sounds like you're hoping and praying with this comment lol

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON

Boston already beat Philly twice this year(Once without Jaylen Brown And Kristaps Porzingis) and Horford locked Embiid down as usual. Every Celtics fan will tell you one team we are not worried about is the Sixers. They fold in the playoffs no matter who the coach is.