::Is This The End? Flash to the Summer:: The Official Miami Heat 2018 Off-Season Thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Ah... you're right.

So wait... we're down to only one draft pick owed to the Sixers right now? Though we owed one more to Phoenix :lupe:
We've fulfilled our debt to Phoenix. I dont mind giving up a first for Butler, we wouldnt project to be a lottery team so are you getting a player between 20-28 in the first round better than him? Probably not

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
We've fulfilled our debt to Phoenix. I dont mind giving up a first for Butler, we wouldnt project to be a lottery team so are you getting a player between 20-28 in the first round better than him? Probably not
You gotta think long term, doggy.

Aside from superstars, young talent is what excels in this league these days. Butler is definitely a star but no superstar nor a cornerstone type player.

Dont get me wrong i like the guy and his skillset but Best case scenario is you trade for Butler and then give him a 5 year max from which you get his last 2 to 3 prime years of. If you ditched another 1st rounder for him on top of the vets you give up (Say Whiteside and Winslow and TJ) he's left with just a barely playoff team which with him puts us in the 2nd round or maybe a conference finals appearance for the next 3 years.

Normally i'd give up a first rounder for that but since we've been giving them away so often we have a shortage of young talent on the team. Thus why we get stuck signing journeymen like Waiters and JJ to fill the roster and next thing you know they ball out on a contract year and we reward them to stay hoping they can repeat that contract year performance.

Again, bottom line just sayin i know it's the Riley way but i'd rather we stay away from giving up picks. :yeshrug:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
So what are the clones cooking up for the season thread title?

I'm thinking something with "last dance" in it or "farewell" :mjcry:

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
I told yall he got fat
2018:
Dn-qOy0U8AAFCP7

2017:
lpUWheO.png