is there an argument that Tom Cruise is the GOAT movie star?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Question that just popped up in my head regarding the Rock.

Since wrestling is scripted should we not count what he did there like a weekly action series?
He had to perform lines. He had to deliver. He had to switch emotions and show range. And he's given us classics there....undeniable classics and undeniable numbers.

Just something to ponder on during this Marijuana filled evening :hubie:
I thought about it but it wasn't HIS show. That's why I didn't even want to give him the F&F franchise... But he's been there for half the movies and it didn't go billionaire status until he started appearing....

Even if you take both of those out.. The man was the lead in about 3 billion dollars worth of movies

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I thought about it but it wasn't HIS show. That's why I didn't even want to give him the F&F franchise... But he's been there for half the movies and it didn't go billionaire status until he started appearing....

Even if you take both of those out.. The man was the lead in about 3 billion dollars worth of movies

11 Billion…… and take out Fast he probably at 8 or 9

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
dark_universe_talent___embed_2017.0.jpg

Huge blemish on his record, and as someone who loves the classic monsters and was greatly anticipating The Dark Universe, Tom fukked it up.

Harrison Ford is the real GOAT, Tom just has remarkable longevity.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
fukk outta here. He’s Arnold with better numbers. Arnold clearly has the better movies. But we not gonna sit here and change the criteria. Movie STAR

Anybody trying to pretend The Rock ain’t a household name and a movie star is really just lying to themselves
He ain't touching Arnold, Rock doesn't have one classic under his belt.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Easily Tom Cruise. Yes others have been bigger at one time, but Tom Cruise has a resume of hit movies and blockbusters going back to the 80s where he drove the movie, not just appeared in it. He's approaching 40 years as an A-list star.

Armold was really only The Man for about maybe 15 years. People forget how short his reign was. Harrison Ford was bigger than Arnold and probably went about 20 years on top.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I'd say most likely he is. His career has been insane. Not to mention all of the stunts he does, still at an older age. Jackie Chan esque. Despite his controversial religious beliefs, I've heard he's super nice to his film crew and they all love working for him.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Keanu Reeves? John Wick > Mission Impossible IMO. Add the Matrix and he might be up there with Cruise just based on those 2 franchises
keanu was also in two of the other GOAT action movies Point Break and Speed

but with keanu i also think hes just good at picking roles, doesnt have the star power of a tom cruise

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I was tagged about this and wasn't able to respond...what's the big deal??

oh you must didn’t peep the IG link.

it was Rock on stage getting awarded for being someone that’s grossed $11 Billion at the box office in the last decade

Just wanted your take o have you speak on it

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have to set the Criteria first. If it's box office numbers as leading actor.

Highest grossing actors of all time in the United States and Canada as of February 2021, by domestic box office results​

Top 100 Stars in Leading Roles at the International Box Office​

A lot of those numbers were more about the movie, especially those Marvel/DC/Comic Book movies.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
oh you must didn’t peep the IG link.

it was Rock on stage getting awarded for being someone that’s grossed $11 Billion at the box office in the last decade

Just wanted your take o have you speak on it
The Rock has been growing as a draw exponentially since the 2010 era. The guy puts out links to shoes and clothing lines via his Insta and they sell out automatically. He's the definition of success. No shocker he keeps breaking records while other types have to resort to stunts for attention on the other side....