is there an argument that Tom Cruise is the GOAT movie star?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
If we’re talking numbers and longevity of being a household name, it’s Tom. Will might be close but idk how close
I ding will because his career was pretty irrelevant for like a decade before BB3 and not seems to be again post slap and during that time Cruise gave us the 3 best MI movies and Edge of Tomorrow.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Between Tom and Will. Tom didn’t slap Chris Rock at the Oscars so I chose Thomas.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
he does not have better numbers than Arnold

Thriller still move units

T2
Predator
True lies still moving units
Fast and furious alone does BILLIONS. But let’s say that’s not his franchise. Even though they didn’t do those numbers until he showed up.

Moana did 645
Jummanji did 900 then 800
Bullshyt like sky scraper did 375
Rampage did 430
shyt ass San Andreas did 475
Hell, GI Joe did 375

I’m not even counting things that did their own 200 million. There’s another 5-10 of those. Then probably another 5-10 movies. Breh been starting in movies since scorpion king crap ass movie did 200 million. This don’t even count tv presence

my point is not that his movies are good or his acting his great. My point is The Rock is a movie star and is on those levels. His numbers say so.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Fast and furious alone does BILLIONS. But let’s say that’s not his franchise. Even though they didn’t do those numbers until he showed up.

Moana did 645
Jummanji did 900 then 800
Bullshyt like sky scraper did 375
Rampage did 430
shyt ass San Andreas did 475
Hell, GI Joe did 375

I’m not even counting things that did their own 200 million. There’s another 5-10 of those. Then probably another 5-10 movies. Breh been starting in movies since scorpion king crap ass movie did 200 million. This don’t even count tv presence

my point is not that his movies are good or his acting his great. My point is The Rock is a movie star and is on those levels. His numbers say so.

Everyone in America has a copy of T2

T2 has done 10 billion in the streets of just off a dvd sales

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yes. You can make an argument for the Rock, Will Smith and Denzel but Cruise has the longest track record of them all.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Everyone in America has a copy of T2

T2 has done 10 billion in the streets of just off a dvd sales

We don’t count the streets man.

If that’s the case then everyone stop what y’all doing and give Master P his flowers cuz I’m Bout It back then did Avengers #s in the STREETS

Yet alone Friday

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I haven't enjoyed Tom Cruise in a single movie. Not one. That's just my opinion, even the few movies of his that I liked, I didn't like him in them.

In our era (talking guys under 75 right now) in terms of movie star it's Pitt, DiCaprio, and Smith. And objectively Cruise can belong there too but I just don't like him.

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
Tom Cruise has like 3 or 4 facial expressions and he just cycles through them in every movie

overrated as an actor

sociopath as a human being

but at least he does his own stunts and his action flicks hardly use CGI compared to all those shytty fukking video game looking super hero movies

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Question that just popped up in my head regarding the Rock.

Since wrestling is scripted should we not count what he did there like a weekly action series?
He had to perform lines. He had to deliver. He had to switch emotions and show range. And he's given us classics there....undeniable classics and undeniable numbers.

Just something to ponder on during this Marijuana filled evening :hubie:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
If it wasn't for Scientology retardation wouldn't even be a question and I couldn't tell you the last Tom Cruise film I watched

Don't care what he does off screen cuz he ain't hurting nobody and i don't know him personally.

He is easilly top 3 and the media doesn't influence me or dictate my decisions like most lemmings.

I'm not here for daps so kiss my fukkin. ass.

TOM CRUISE gang.