is there an argument that Tom Cruise is the GOAT movie star?

Imhotep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He has an argument but the real GOAT movie star is Will Smith simply based on the fact that he had to overcome racism SEVERAL times to get to where he is due to Hollywood’s long outdated notion that black leads don’t sell movies overseas.

The director of Independence Day had to fight for Will Smith’s casting because the studios didn’t want a black lead in a Science Fiction tentpole.

The studio originally wanted Chris O’donnell for Men In Black and the producers had to fight to get Smith in as the star

Enemy Of The State was written for Tom Cruise, Will Smith only got the part after campaigning once Cruise turned it down

:scust:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread is a great platform for a discussion I been wanting to do for a minute

Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt?

To me I have to go with Brad Pitt

Come on @TheFireCar

Help me proceed with my Agenda
Toms catalogue shyts all over Brad’s. The only person who can compete with Tom is Samuel L Jackson in terms of movie and Catalogue.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
He has an argument but the real GOAT movie star is Will Smith simply based on the fact that he had to overcome racism SEVERAL times to get to where he is due to Hollywood’s long outdated notion that black leads don’t sell movies overseas.

The director of Independence Day had to fight for Will Smith’s casting because the studios didn’t want a black lead in a Science Fiction tentpole.

The studio originally wanted Chris O’donnell for Men In Black and the producers had to fight to get Smith in as the star

Enemy Of The State was written for Tom Cruise, Will Smith only got the part after campaigning once Cruise turned it down

Will Smith's entire filmography is a case study in cac Hollywood's :mjpls:

And :mjlol: Chris O'Donnell's boomlet in hollywood when they actually thought that dude had talent then after Batman and Robin they realized that he doesn't.

Now in terms of on screen intensity Tom probably has him slightly beat because Will tends to just be Will in every performance, but in terms of on screen "presence" that other actors orbit around, they both have it.