Is the PG position really worth a max contract?

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'll take a dominate PG over a dominate wing unless that wing can spot at PG like Bird or Lebron. In the NBA size matters but so does execution. Dominate center is far more important than anyone else besides Lebron who does a lot of shyt.

Define "dominant PG". Do you think Chris Paul is a dominant PG?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Define "dominant PG". Do you think Chris Paul is a dominant PG?
Of course he is. CP3 is amazing. Him, GP, prime Kidd, Stockton, :youngsabo: :deadrose: are all dominate PG's. You will rarely see a dominate PG team struggle in the regular season. I seen it all of the time with dominate wings since others have to run an offense for them who might not be good. Of course I am talking about the ones who struggle running an offense like Wade, T-Mac, and others. Lebron is basically a big ass PG and Bird has PG skills, they don't count. Playoffs is a different story, dominate PG's struggle unless they have a squad.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
You guys might be looking at this thing entirely wrong though. What PG's were in a position to win a Finals the last 20 years? Jason Kidd was the closest in a sense.

More to the point, all the young talent in the league is at the PG position. Who else you gonna throw money at in the next 5 years or so? If you look at the 10 best players under 25 today, most are at the PG spot.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What about a PG who can score like a SG? :mjpls:

If he an do it efficiently in the PS like Lebron did in the 11-13 runs or like Kobe did during the 08-10 Runs ok. I actually prefer score first PG's over pass first ones

Someone like Chris Paul is an amazing playmaker, but he aint dropping 25-30 PPG a night in the playoffs. Lebron can be my de facto point but drop 30 a night with the potential for 40 if I NEED it

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Of course he is. CP3 is amazing. Him, GP, prime Kidd, Stockton, :youngsabo: :deadrose: are all dominate PG's. You will rarely see a dominate PG team struggle in the regular season. I seen it all of the time with dominate wings since others have to run an offense for them who might not be good. Of course I am talking about the ones who struggle running an offense like Wade, T-Mac, and others. Lebron is basically a big ass PG and Bird has PG skills, they don't count. Playoffs is a different story, dominate PG's struggle unless they have a squad.

Wade and Tmac struggle running offenses? Would you take those PG's over prime wade in the playoffs?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:stopitslime:

Westbrook > Wall.
in terms of athleticism? :patrice:

Wall is a half inch taller, has longer arms by almost 2 inches, and is as explosive. Id feel better with Wall guarding a 2 and in some cases a 3 over Westbrook.

That doesnt mean he a better player, yet. But Wall is closer to those big freak point guards than Westbrook.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Wade and Tmac struggle running offenses? Would you take those PG's over prime wade in the playoffs?
It depends on my team. The Hawks who weren't that good beat Wade and his below average squad. CP3 playoff failures are due to his teams, not CP3. His team either isn't that good (Hornets) or they play with low BBIQ (LAC). I think CP3 could be one of you best players but if he had a legit big, he could win it all.

Daps
in terms of athleticism? :patrice:

Wall is a half inch taller, has longer arms by almost 2 inches, and is as explosive. Id feel better with Wall guarding a 2 and in some cases a 3 over Westbrook.

That doesnt mean he a better player, yet.
If Westbrook isn't worth the max, than he's certainly a lot closer than Wall is. The potential that Wall could provide on defense isn't gonna make up for the gap between them on offense.

Daps
If CP3 could buy into the Blazers system (not keeping the ball in his hands for extended amounts of time), Portland would probably win the ship this season.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
It depends on my team. The Hawks who weren't that good beat Wade and his below average squad. CP3 playoff failures are due to his teams, not CP3. His team either isn't that good (Hornets) or they play with low BBIQ (LAC). I think CP3 could be one of you best players but if he had a legit big, he could win it all.

Wade's next best player was Jermaine O'Neal that year :russ:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Wade's next best player was Jermaine O'Neal that year :russ:
And they lost to the Hawks who went on to get swept in the next round. Lebron would have swept the Hawks with the same squad. The Hawks lost Horford and Joe for most of that series.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
If Westbrook isn't worth the max, than he's certainly a lot closer than Wall is.
no shyt! :ohhh:

thats what I said earlier in this thread. Wall currently isnt a max player and point guards dont deserve it at all, but potentially Wall ticks the boxes a lot more than most of the current point guards from a physical perspective.

The potential that Wall could provide on defense isn't gonna make up for the gap between them on offense.
in that Wall runs an offense better, facilitate for his teammates better, and score at a level close to Westbrook? :ld: (dont think Wall will ever be the scorer Russ is, but then again Wall isnt playing with a Durant)

we'll see :ehh: