Michael Porter Jr: Getting a Max contract makes it harder to enjoy the game because you have expectations

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why the old heads always shyt on this generation. :dead:
They shyt on them because they are old and bitter. They wasnt any different, they just got paid less, had fewer options, less knowledge, and didnt have platforms to express themselves. Aint nothing new but how these nikkas act when they get to a certain age.

Last edited:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I can imagine having 3 brothers arrested and either locked up or going to trial was a bigger distraction than anything

family prolly rachet as hell but he's lightskin (and taking white guy set 3's) so we just assumed he had discipline and focus
:laff::laff::laff:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
He was never worth it but the Nuggets paid him on potential and his game just never grew
His game has definitely grown but not to the degree I think some hoped for. I think many people have unreasonable expectations of him. He can’t physically be a number one or two option; his body just won’t allow for that. With that said, I found it encouraging he played 81 games last year. But he’s just limited. He’s a walking miracle given what he’s been through at a young age. He can’t be a primary scorer or consistently create opportunities for himself or his teammates. But he’s a good third option and great fourth option. The money is what it is. When you’re a team like Denver you have to oftentimes overpay to retain talent. I could be wrong but I don’t think there are many teams who have a clearly better third and definitely not fourth option than MPJ. I wish he would stay off these pods though because he’s always saying something controversial.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
He need to take the classes of the international school of Tobias Harris and not give a flying fukk and go make money, fukk the fans and the teams and super fukk the expectations, he honestly don't owe anyone shyt except the owners. Harris been under performing since he been in Philly and we just got used to it. Paul George can't even make a finals with Kawhai and honestly nobody really cares anymore. He just need to get out of his head cause he got a don't pass moniker for a reason he might as well just get that bread and do what he wants.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brandon Jennings be having shyt to say but he just zones out and goes quiet. He clearly had an objection to what the rest were saying but. Jsut kept saying whatever.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Shrinking from the moment huh

He never had the makings of a varsity athlete
OoIpWMw.png

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
If I recall they needed to lock in the mpj salary and no one else that was available was as good?

1. Should get additional salary cap releif for drafting your own players.

2. Force every NBA team field WNBA team. Anything you spend today on WNBA team beyond salary floor can be used to offset amount yout NBA team is over the cap.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
If I recall they needed to lock in the mpj salary and no one else that was available was as good?

1. Should get additional salary cap releif for drafting your own players.

2. Force every NBA team field WNBA team. Anything you spend today on WNBA team beyond salary floor can be used to offset amount yout NBA team is over the cap.
Tim Connelly was notorious for paying guys as soon as he could. They paid him a year earlier than they had to, and he got hurt like 7 games later.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Don’t know why Denver gave Porter that money. He doesn’t rebound, He doesn’t playmake, he doesn’t defend or make anybody around him better.

Denver could have just signed Buddy Heild and use it he rest to keep Brown and KCP

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
Good thing he plays for a city that can barely watch their games on tv. Imagine if he was playing in LA or another big sports city I won't mention because I refuse to put that evil into the air.