Is the Midwest the worst part of the U.S.?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Chicago is the shyt...and people and things are still happening in and around the city when its shyt weather.

But literally the only thing bad about Chicago is the weather.

If it had San Diego's weather, it'd be one of the best cities in the world as if it isn't already.
I disagree sir.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
The low price living is nice here in the metropolitan city I live in here in Ohio.

Definitely a good place to start your career and get your money up because of the cheap rent and living cost.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Except for Chicago, my experience with the Midwest has been sh*tty. :francis:

...and I'm from the Midwest. :francis:

Almost every other city I've visited was 10x better than my home town. :francis:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Elaborate?

Does it have crime, yes. Is it the worst, no...
Are the taxes high, yes...Are they the worst, no...
Are there other elements fukked up...yes, but as far as big cities go, it's the best mixed bag there is.
Chicago is cool. Im not putting it over Los Angeles, New York or even San Francisco but I think its the very next one after those. What you want out of a major city is gonna vary person to person slightly but the things that people herald Chicago for are not unique to Chicago in comparison to previously mentioned cities. Chicago does have things going on here all the time. But so do the others. I dont think anyone would want to put money on Chicago having MORE going on in the city than NY or a city like LA which is literally year round nonstop. I put it over SF in that regard though. The really big thing about Chicago is the food. Not the food unique to Chicago, but the sheer selection/options of food. Its great. Not taking that away from here. But Chicago being a great food city doesnt make New York be any less of a great food city or Los Angeles being EXTREMELY underrated when it comes to food city recognition. I dont think theres any type of cuisine that you will find in one city that you wont in the other. Local specialty dishes not withstanding obviously because each city has that type of stuff.

I dont trip about crime in major cities. But if we are splitting hairs, then its the worse of the bunch with violent crimes. Again, I dont pay that any mind though.

The taxes, breh. Thats one of the worst things about this place. Why'd you say that? Chicago has the highest sales tax in the country. Illinois has the 2nd highest property tax in the country and its way above California and a bit above New York but im not sure how much. What Chicago does have over NY, LA, SF...is the cost of living. For a city thats comparable to those, its pretty cheap. Meaning theres alot of things you can do with that money to help you enjoy this place when weather and infrastructure permits you to. Its a nice place sometimes but not often enough. When Chicago is at its best, its like you said, world class international city. Its just not that enough of the time for it to be called GOAT. Thats all im saying.