Is the Midwest the worst part of the U.S.?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The Midwest is snooty.

The Black population is mostly urban and suburban. Very very small population of rural Blacks or small town Blacks compared to the south, so it’s very common for White people in the Midwest to make it deep into adulthood having never communicated with a Black person outside of a service situation.

(But this ought to be true for the west coast too. :jbhmm:)

With that being said...a lot of major cities in the east coast are wildly overrated - Philly, Boston, Baltimore, Richmond, etc. The present day versions of those cities really aren’t far off of a Kansas City, St. Louis, Cincinnati, etc.

I wouldn’t lump Boston/Philly with any of those cities.

Wether it’s boring or overrated it’s clearly at a tier that’s higher than all of those places.

Never been to Richmond but I want to. My sister was doing a film project out there and she hated it.

Last edited:

Musty

Banned
Daps
With all that being said, the Midwest just seems to have a LOT of states with old good ol boy face squeezed outta a dough can lawmakers that are ultra conservative and fighting to keep their states in last place at all times....

Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and Arkansas (and maybe Indiana?) tend to fall into this category.

Minnesota & Wisconsin do a great job appealing to nature enthusiasts, campers and outdoorsmen. Those places had the potential to be real $hit holes if they were ran like some of the other states.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
The Midwest is snooty.

The Black population is mostly urban and suburban. Very very small population of rural Blacks or small town Blacks compared to the south, so it’s very common for White people in the Midwest to make it deep into adulthood having never communicated with a Black person outside of a service situation.

(But this ought to be true for the west coast too. :jbhmm:)

With that being said...a lot of major cities in the east coast are wildly overrated - Philly, Boston, Baltimore, Richmond, etc. The present day versions of those cities really aren’t far off of a Kansas City, St. Louis, Cincinnati, etc.

I've been to all of those cities except for Richmond and st Louis. I'm really not seeing the comparison between the first and second groups you have there. Population density and the age of the buildings just gives these east coat cities a different vibe.

Kansas City was cool, Cincinnati... Nahhh

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Midwest is too broad of a term .States are way too unique

Michigan and Ohio seem like two different worlds.
Let alone Kansas ,Nebraska ,Iowa and the Dakotas
The other regions are pretty uniform

Musty

Banned
Daps
As far as Black culture goes, it surprises me that Juneteenth is a bigger deal in the Midwest than in the south.

I thought Juneteenth originated in Galveston, but Houston seems to let it kinda come and go. Denver surprised me with their Juneteenth situation....but that city has had 3 different Black mayors for most of the past 25-30 years.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
With all that being said, the Midwest just seems to have a LOT of states with old good ol boy face squeezed outta a dough can lawmakers that are ultra conservative and fighting to keep their states in last place at all times....

Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and Arkansas (and maybe Indiana?) tend to fall into this category.

Minnesota & Wisconsin do a great job appealing to nature enthusiasts, campers and outdoorsmen. Those places had the potential to be real $hit holes if they were ran like some of the other states.

Been reading lately that Oklahoma had programs paying people to move there.

And this whole time I thought Oklahoma was a southern state only because of the OKC vs Dallas rivalry

:mjlol:

Garjxen

Rocketeer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jehovah
I said:

The link you provided confirms my statement. Besides, the Amish community were German/Swiss immigrants to Pennsylvania, which isn't "Midwest" by any definition.
Nice job of undermining your own point, smartass. :russ:

....you're a bigger idiot than I thought....awesome....you should've done your due diligence rather than just seeing Pennsylvania near the top and making assumptions....

List of U.S. states by Amish population
Midwest Census Region : Midwest Information Office : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

....Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, Illinois, and Minnesota are part of the Midwest....that's about 170k out of the less than 300k total population of Amish....it's a scientific fact that the majority of the Amish are located in the Midwest...

Musty

Banned
Daps
OKC is just 3 hours from Dallas. All the OKC people who want more for their lives end up in DFW.

OKC JUST passed a law allowing bottle service in the club...it was illegal for them this whole time.
:mjcry:

Oklahoma is a suuuuper conservative state. Went there once during election season and their political ads were cringeworthy to thee MAX.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
OKC is just 3 hours from Dallas. All the OKC people who want more for their lives end up in DFW.

OKC JUST passed a law allowing bottle service in the club...it was illegal for them this whole time.
:mjcry:

Oklahoma is a suuuuper conservative state. Went there once during election season and their political ads were cringeworthy to thee MAX.

Smh and just recently I saw a young California woman boasting about how she loves OKC and is happy she moved

:scust:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Chicago and to a lesser extent Minneapolis are popping...

Everything else is decaying.

I'd say the Mountains or the Pac Northwest are wack as fukk outside of traveling to them.
:gucci:

PNW got the best summers in the country..

Doesn't get too cold in the winter

Got mountains, Beautiful coastline, Can hunt and have your guns, can have your weed, close to vancouver canada:mjlit:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Anywhere that has church preaching on the radio and call the soda “pop” is wack AF and full of meth and opiate fiends.