Is Red Dead Redemption 2 fun to play

Is RDR2 fun to play

• YES

• NO

• I need more time

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daps
Yeah there's no way this can be GOTY. I mean it looks pretty,but thats really all it has going for itself. I wont bother with a game so real, I have to clean the guns, and eat...I want to escape reality, not be immersed in it. Also though the open world looks good, there dont seem to be much happening in it. Shyt was kinda meh from just watching...like the world in it dont really seem alive.

Hell I did not think the first RDR was good actually....but to each his own.

It's like they spent a billion dollars on crafting the prettiest game imaginable, using the most advanced techniques available to present an offering of unprecedented visual fidelity that looks pulled from two generations ahead, while devoting almost no time and money to the gameplay, leaving that archaically familiar and repetitive Rockstar formula intact. Witcher 3 was rated so highly because its missions usually gave you multiple ways of completing them. Why is it so difficult to evolve from your asinine and infuriatingly dull design of missions, Rockstar?!?! :what:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
you're a pain in the ass

Smack

b1trqjb6nval.jpg

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
It starts slow and God knows the controls could be more instinctive but I'm loving it. The opening chapter is dreadfully slow (and the snow doesn't help.) It took me longer than it should have to push through it, but once chapter 2 opens, you're set loose and the game opens up. The first Red Dead Redemption began with you herding cattle, so it's nothing out of the ordinary for R*. The game is absolutely meant to be played at a slow pace, though. I was coming off Spider-Man and AC Odyssey, so the change in pace was jarring initially. This one moves deliberately and it will not hold your hand.

It's not a perfect game by any means -- having to manually scrub Arthur clean in a bubble bath when a quick cutscene could have accomplished the same thing in less than half the time is :dame: and :why: at the same time -- but I don't think there's been an open world crafted by any developers that felt more alive than this one. As someone who was thoroughly enjoying AC Odyssey, I will certainly be picking it back up -- just not anytime soon.