Is RDR2 fun to play

• YES

• NO

• I need more time

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
The repetitiveness of the theme of the missions isn't really a problem, that's perfectly fine.

The repetitiveness of what you actually do with the controller on every mission is ... and I'm not asking for some out of scope re-work of how the GTA/RDR engine works, just asking them to use the in-place, change-of-pace things they can already do pretty easily more often.

Like 95% of missions are ride out with or ride out to a person. Get told to walk around and press X/A in certain areas. Sometimes a gun fight occurs. Take the loot somewhere and press X/A.

But, they could make super simple changes that introduce branching decisions and new controller mechanics more often.

For example, the bank mission (although this might have been pre-order only)?

Starts and ends the same as most missions, so it felt repetitive. BUT, in the middle of the action they gave you a branching decision of either blowing up the safes or cracking the locks. So you can just bust your guns and get to clapping OR try to be quiet about it. Selecting cracking the locks was dope because it introduced the simple, but fun safe-lock-cracking mini game that felt like a breath of fresh air in the middle of the repetitive quests.

Something like that is so small, but it breaks up the monotony because it makes you think about a decision for a second and has you play a new mini-game as well. If they threw these is in for 1 out of every 3 missions ... it would break up the repetitiveness.

Or even just swipe some of the ambient/side missions which were varied a bunch and make them main line missions and kick back some of the straightforward fetch quests to side missions. If someone is specifically doing every side mission ... they wont mind repetitiveness ... but having the repetition in the main line just feels like a weakness to me since it's what everyone will have to go through.

But again, the game is great and this is just feedback/nit-picking because it feels like the game could be even better. It's the equivalent of saying "KD shouldn't fall into his ISO game so much because it's not necessary on this squad until the Finals." He's already undisputed top 2, but this is one of the few things someone might notice as something that can be improved with little effort.
ill agree with thw controls like not being able to run at camp is annoying...and when you're selling some stuff you cant use "sell all" and i guess the animations for picking plants etc...there should at least be options to turn that stuff off

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nah. Will be the most divisive GOTY candidate of this gen, though this year’s honors will probably go to Spiderman or GoW (pretty certain this will win it). Rockstar needs to take cues from CDPR and go back to the drawing board. All of that detail is meaningless if the core gameplay is this poor. :francis:

Off topic but how many multiplats win GOTY? Seems like GOTY is always reserved for exclusives
some youtuber said the attention to detail seemed a bit unnecessary. Like there's realism, and then there's RDR2. I saw you had to a whole lotta shyt just when it came to hunting. And there's a control and animation for almost everything you do?

idk, game looks visually stunning as fukk.

There’s thing like every time you skin an animal you have to watch a 10 second skinning animation. Opening drawers and things just take too long

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
I hear another cowpoke talkin bout time “tank controls”... Its fine. fukk with the settings. I barely even use dead eye and be mauling anyone who advances on me.

People want the old kill an enemy, floating dollars appear....

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I legit had a dream about the game last night.

That I fukked up something and somehow had a bounty... i had to pay $1000.

I was pissed.

The fact that I'm having dreams about this shyt means I'm enjoying it like crazy.

I've kept my xbox live on offline so I could fully immerse myself into the game...I NEVER DO THAT.

I absolutely love this game.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Off topic but how many multiplats win GOTY? Seems like GOTY is always reserved for exclusives

There’s thing like every time you skin an animal you have to watch a 10 second skinning animation. Opening drawers and things just take too long

Nah multiplats do all the time

2014 Dragon age
2015 The witcher 3 (was xbox only for a long while)
2016 Overwatch

Before that it was like skyrim and mass effect 2 and 3 and stuff like that.

Hence why I always would say exclusives don't matter as much as people try to make them out to....

But in the recent years that has been a huge push.:smugdraper:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I haven't played it yet but the reaction online seems similar to GTA IV. Rockstar made the driving super realistic and people hated it. So they changed it for the next iteration. There were some other ambitious things they went for that people hated and wound up getting changed as well.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems like Rockstar starting to get that Naughty Dawg push :mjpls:
Naughty Dawg games as ironic as it is, are not as realistic as some would have you believe. It's still way more responsive and agile than Rockstar games. It's funny because stans will have you thinking Uncharted or TLOU controls like GTA IV or something when that's far from the truth.