is Phil Spencer still considered the right guy for Xbox?

Is Phil the right leader for Xbox?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 70.0%

• Total voters

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Like it or not Gamepass is a success and there's a good chance XCloud will kill it w/ the casuals.

They have legit studios now, all of the new acquisitions are known for producing 80+ games on Meta w/ the exception of Compulsion and SoD developers.

They completely botched the Halo rollout, but I trust Playground; Ninja Theory, and Obsidian to deliver over the next 3 years because that's all they've done in their existence.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I can't be too mad about the Halo delay. COVID fukked everything up. There's no way productivity wasn't derailed with people working from home. No real crunch, either.

Also, Phil is night and day better than Mattrick:hhh:

If there is someone better, he must be great.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100%. You're not getting back compat, You're not getting game pass, You're not getting a 6TF One X, You're not getting a 12TF Series X, You're not getting PC ports. Them nikkas would still be trying to push cloud improving graphics and blowing the budget on Rise of Tomb Raider type deals because they would still have no interest in developing their first party.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I can't be too mad about the Halo delay. COVID fukked everything up. There's no way productivity wasn't derailed with people working from home. No real crunch, either.

Also, Phil is night and day better than Mattrick:hhh:

If there is someone better, he must be great.

You really believing the COVID :duck: :beli:

Phil and 343i were ready to roll out the game come the launch of the XSX. Let's not bullshyt. The main reason they fallin back is because of
halo-washed.gif
. If the reception was different, it'd be dropping in November. Stop believing the bullshyt. Phil and the Gang definitely watched and approved the July 23rd presentation thinking it was :banderas: .

Dude so full of shyt and yall keep :cape: for him. :scust:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Does him or that hack mattrick even know HOW to make games, did they ever play video games or are they just soulless execs promoted to market the games?!? It seems like the only guy who was up there before was cliffy b, Todd Howard or have Newell...:hhh: why don't they hire someone better suited for these jobs?!? How hard is it to have all these resources but have no real gamer creating the game???!!:mindblown: I could have made a better halo game if I was in that position!!! Alot of us could have...

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You really believing the COVID :duck: :beli:

Phil and 343i were ready to roll out the game come the launch of the XSX. Let's not bullshyt. The main reason they fallin back is because of
halo-washed.gif
. If the reception was different, it'd be dropping in November. Stop believing the bullshyt. Phil and the Gang definitely watched and approved the July 23rd presentation thinking it was :banderas: .

Dude so full of shyt and yall keep :cape: for him. :scust:

I believe if they were at full capacity, they could have it good enough to patch the rest shortly after launch. Working from home, they can't skate with this. As long as you Sony nikkas wait for your big games, it looks disengenuous to harp on this. They showed what they had, it didn't fly, it will come back when it's ready. It is what it is. :manny:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I believe if they were at full capacity, they could have it good enough to patch the rest shortly after launch. Working from home, they can't skate with this. As long as you Sony nikkas wait for your big games, it looks disengenuous to harp on this. They showed what they had, it didn't fly, it will come back when it's ready. It is what it is. :manny:

Nah, this ain't got shyt to do with Sony. Halo was the main selling point of the XSX that was promised to be available at launch. And all roads pointed to it still doing so until Craig happened and they got embarrassed. Now they going back to the drawing board. Using COVID as a cover for the embarrassment of
halo-washed.gif
is disingenuous as fukk. Phil has a history of lying and yall keep making excuses for this dude.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nah, this ain't got shyt to do with Sony. Halo was the main selling point of the XSX that was promised to be available at launch. And all roads pointed to it still doing so until Craig happened and they got embarrassed. Now they going back to the drawing board. Using COVID as a cover for the embarrassment of
halo-washed.gif
is disingenuous as fukk. Phil has a history of lying and yall keep making excuses for this dude.
THIS time, there is a valid excuse. All game studios have been stunted for months. I know it fits your narrative, and you rightly get to shyt on Court and Meach, but I'm unbothered. It's Halo, I will be playing it on my XSX, whenever it launches, which I'd rather be late and ready.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
THIS time, there is a valid excuse. All game studios have been stunted for months. I know it fits your narrative, and you rightly get to shyt on Court and Meach, but I'm unbothered. It's Halo, I will be playing it on my XSX, whenever it launches, which I'd rather be late and ready.

I get that.

My point is the fact they thought it was good as is which explains the poor decision making by both Phil and 343i. That's incompetence. And the excuses for them are past old, esp Phil.
EWZ1rhRXQAEJEBo

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I get that.

My point is the fact they thought it was good as is which explains the poor decision making by both Phil and 343i. That's incompetence. And the excuses for them are past old, esp Phil.
EWZ1rhRXQAEJEBo
You can pull that graphic out of your ass as much as you want, but my experience on Xbox has improved leaps and bounds since Phil took over.